Overall Review

April 3rd, 2014
I should have read these reviews before I selected Dr. Ruiz as my child's pediatrician. The reviews about the office staff being rude are absolutely true. I had a billing question because I received a bill for 2 visits that should have been "free" because they were wellness checks. I was told that I was being charged because they were considered "sick appts." My child was not sick and when I asked for clarification, I was told that because the doctor discussed sleep issues and constipation with me (after SHE ASKED about these issues at my appt.), the visits were now considered sick appointments. The receptionist was very rude when I started to dispute the fact that checking on a baby's well-being IS PART of a wellness check and she said that a wellness check is only free if my baby is free of issues and no questions are asked. She rudely told me that she would "happily" waive my fee but note in my chart that the doctor is not allowed to ask any questions about my child's functioning unless another "sick" appointment is scheduled. This is POOR medical practice and I have another pediatrician who has NEVER nickle and dimed their services. The only reason I went to Dr. Ruiz was because she is close to my home, but I will gladly make a drive for more professional and thorough medical care. I am so disappointed that she runs her business in this fashion because she was otherwise a fairly good pediatrician. It should also be noted that despite her rude office staff, the wait times in her office are fairly long and she is often unavailable. I have seen her nurse practitioner more times than I have seen her.

January 3rd, 2014
Excellent Pediatrician
Greatest pediatrician - we have been with her for almost 15 years. Quick appointments, polite, good listener, accurate diagnoses. Good billing department also.

November 18th, 2013
Awesome Dr! Cant say the same about front office staff
My children have been with Dr Ruiz for the past 6 years. She is very thorough in her examinations and always takes her time with her patients. She is never in a hurry! I agree with the previous rating about her front office. That person is not friendly at all! No people skills, rude and unprofessional. Other than that the back office nurses are great too and very kid friendly and patient!

January 17th, 2013
warning, beware
Dr. Ruiz is good, but her office is not so great. Be aware, if you go in for a wellness visit, and they decide your child is sick, or needs something other looked at, you WILL be charged for two separate visits, even though it is just one visit. In my book, that is a very deceptive practice. I will not be taking my children back.

July 18th, 2012
Ok Dr but office staff not friendly at all
Dr Ruiz is very direct (sometimes too direct) but if that's the style you like, you will like her. Sometimes felt like she was always referring to the "worst case scenario" when my child was sick.Not a bad Dr, just not my style. Front office staff not very friendly

October 13th, 2011
I have a 15 year old, a 12 year old, and a 3 year old whom all have Dr. Ruiz as their pediatrician. My kids and I absolutely love her! She is a caring, knowledgeable and very understanding to each of my childrens medical needs. We are so lucky to have found her.

February 21st, 2011
Sandoval Family
We have been going there for 10 years... never had a problem.