Dr. J Laporte Is this you?

11 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. J Laporte?

Works with you

Posted on December 4th, 2009

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Laporte and the others in his practice like Barbara Pokorney for about 17 years. What impressed me the most was about 14 years ago my 3 year old daughter had what we thought was a virus. A very high fever and sleepiness but no other symptoms. After seeing Dr. Laport he felt it was a virus. The next day, I noticed a red ring around her ear that looked to me like a Lyme disease rash. When I called Dr. Laporte again, he said the he still felt it was probably a virus, but that he was willing to look at her again if I wished. He was not condescending at all, he made me feel as though he was truly considering the instincts of a mother. I was able to bring her in to see him by 10am which is good because the ring disappeared by the afternoon. After one look, Dr. Laporte said "yup, sure looks like lyme to me - let's get a blood test and start her on antibiotics". Sure enough, it was lyme. If he wasn't willing to get my daughter in there quickly, and wasn't willing to listen to a mother's concerns, we might never have diagnosed her with lyme. Since then, all my family's visits with Dr. Laporte and his staff have been with the same concern and partnership. I highly recommend this team.

Posted on September 13th, 2017