Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not so satisfying  |  show details
by Pc on Jul 5th, 2014

With this office I always have so much trouble trying to even schedule an appointment. I have not ever seen Dr. Carey and pretty much gave up trying to see him as long as Judy can handle it, then I'm fine with that. The staff is pretty friendly some can be a little rude at times. Judy is nice, a little weird and slow, but she gets the job done. The only problem I have with this place is the waiting. Waiting to be seen waiting to schedule an appointment. I would not recommend this place unless you have the patience to wait

|  Ridiculous!  |  show details
by Angie on Apr 29th, 2014

I went to this doctor about 10 years ago and had to wait in the waiting room for about an hour after my appointment time and then was left in the patient room for another hour without anyone even checking in or letting me know what was going on. I eventually opened the door, in my frustration with 3 small children in that room with me, and yelled "does anybody work here?" They just looked at me and didn't say a thing so I slammed the door shut. They came in shortly after. I decided to give this office another chance since so much time has passed and it is close to home. Dr Paul did take his time with me when I got to see him. My second appt, however, was with Judy at 3:45 pm. She popped her head into the room at 5:20 pm to let me know she would be with me soon. REALLY!?!! Now trying to get test results is a joke too. Called on a Monday morning 8:10 am for results. They said they would have Judy call me back. Called them at 3 pm since I hadn't heard from them and this office asst said Judy wasn't even there. I asked why they didn't tell me that when I called in the morning. She didn't even answer me. No results. Called again the next day at 2:40pm, on hold for 15 mins wondering if they forgot about me! Had to hang up and will call back. I will definitely be looking for another doctor!!

|  Highly Disappointed  |  show details
by D. L on Feb 17th, 2014

The doctor is so difficult to get a hold of him you have to book up almost two months in advance. Otherwise you are stuck with his Physician Assistant Judy. She seems at times to have no idea as to what she is doing. She orders tests that Dr. Paul cancels, she has no bedside manner. She's forgetful. She mumbles at times and spends more time on her computer than with you. Dr. Paul seemed more like a sales rep from some pharmaceutical company than a caring physician. The staff is extremely unprofessional- and that's being NICE. The biggest mistake I've made was thinking these people were competent..

|  Excellent doctor! Poor staff!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2014

Dr. Paul is a caring doctor who takes the time to explain medical problems without my having to ask. He is willing to explain things in detail and I never feel rushed. With the exception of the RN, the rest of the staff, however, are unfriendly and I don't like having to ask them questions. They make me feel like I am imposing on them. It's even worse when I have to phone in for an appointment or follow-up on something that they were supposed to have done but forgot or didn't bother to deal with. Beware...even though Dr. Paul is an excellent doctor, you might have to wait a month or more to see him. By then you have either recovered on your own, or have had to go to extended care or the emergency room. The person who schedules appointments will refuse to consider your need to see the doctor a priority.

|  Not Impressed  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2013

My husband and I both chose Dr Paul as our primary care physician and boy do I regret it. Staff is not very friendly, I have yet to ever meet Dr Paul since he only works mornings and you have to schedule an appt at least 2 months out, I have actually never even seen the mans face. To get an appt with his PA Judy you still have to schedule pretty far in advance and she has horrible bedside manner and rushes through appt. My husband and I have both needed referrals to see specialists, I needed one to see a dermatologist for an unusual spot on my skin, that took 2 months to get, my husband needed one to see a sleep apnea specialist and that took 4 months to get and he only got it because I mentioned how long that was taking when I was calling to find out why my referral was taking so long. Needless to say when I found out I was going to need a referral to see an OBGYN for my pregnancy I was pretty certain that I was gonna be ready to give birth before I would even get that referral...geesh, miraculously they managed to process that one through within 2 days. It is one thing if it really takes that long but I have bypassed their office all together and called Inland Healthcare Group directly and they never even had records of referrals being processed until I complained to the healthcare group directly. I am currently searching for a new dr approved by our insurance because after 2 yrs of trying to give them a chance I give up. I would not recommend this Drs office at all,

|  Good & Bad  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

I like Dr. Paul's bedside manner. With me he has discussed my issues as a new patient and has continued to discuss them over the last year. My only real complaint about Dr. Paul is that I have no other way to communicate with him except for office visits - no e-mail or direct phone access. His PA, Judy, has been cordial to me and helpful. My experience with the nursing staff has also been positive.I do have to say his office staff leaves a lot to be desired. You can frequently get ingnored for 10 to 20 minutes after signing in, be treated rudely by the receptioninst when she does speak with you, and she speaks "at" you with very little eye contact. There seems to be a disconnect with their office and the pharmacy I use because getting a refill re-authorized takes several days and attempts.

|  show details
Aug 18th, 2012

Dr. Paul actually sits down (on a chair) and asks me if I have anything else to tell hime about my health. He is super, super, caring doctor and I really like him. He takes time to ask you questions and he answers your questions all the time.

|  Long wait times, very rude PA  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

Ive been to Dr. Pauls ofc on several occasions. Only saw Dr Paul once but during this visit he refused to order me an MRI for my degenerating disc disease saying it wasnt needed. I asked to be ref to a specialist. The first thing the specialist did was order an MRI. I have severe back pain with cracked and deteriating discs. Also the wait times are ridiculous, today i waited two hours to see the PA and when I asked what was going on, the PA came in the room very angry saying she "was busy!" thats what was taking so long and then she asked me if "i didnt want her to see her last patient or what?!" i was so shocked by her rudeness and anger, that I left without being seen. She was so mean and throwing papers around in front of my daughter...I really couldnt believe her unprofessionalism, and straight out rudeness. I had been waiting two hours while paying a sitter to watch my other kids while i was there, i had a right to ask a simple question. I had seen her other times and she wasnt rude so I was shocked. And very angry it was a waste of my time and money on a sitter. Nobody wants to discuss problems with a PA after being yelled at.