inactive

Cari Ouderkirk MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Atlanta, GA

April 10th, 2012
ER Room Visit
I took my mom to Northside ER one evening due to altered mental state. Dr. Ouderkirk gave her an MRI and CAT scan and said she did not see anything. My mom clearly had neurological symptoms of a stroke. It took forever for her to come speak to us about the results....the results being...everything looked fine despite the fact my mother was clearly out of her mind and unable to control her bladder and bowel movements.Ouderkirk seemed unsure about her decision to release my mom, but still did it without asking for a second opinion. However the next day after contacting my mom's neurosurgeon, we find out within 15 minutes of being there that she had a stroke, which was clearly visable on the SAME mRI that Ouderkirk was looking at.I am a PREnursing student and even i know that if someone has an altered mental state (which i made very clear to her) along with bladder and bowel problems, maybe some extra time should be spent reviewing their MRI/CAT scan results. Or atleast wait until they are not vomiting, pooping and throwing up on themself to release them. Annoyed. I understand NUero issues can be challenging but if you dont know, ask for help. Or maybe Northside should have an oncall neurologist.

April 22nd, 2009