Dr. Carl Albun MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 1st, 2014
Horrible bedside manner. He didn't want to be bothered with my medical question. I was prescribed an antibiotic which gave me a migraine so I asked for a different antibiotic. His response was, "go to your primary physician." he continuously cut me off as I attempted to explain the problem. Stay away!!!!

January 30th, 2013
Worst Experience Ever
I had him when I was in the hospital at St. Alexian. Every day I had a different doctor if it wasnt Dr. Song or Aziz it was Albun. Most of these doctors came in and saw me for 2 minutes and left-- charging me a huge bill. Dr. Albun I remember specifically because he asked how I was, pocked my abdomen, and then said ok we will keep monitoring and left. He didnt really listen to any of my complaints and at that time I was so sick I really needed a doctor who showed SOME compassion- he showed none. The person taking care of the billing at their office is pretty mean too- not really willing to work with patients who cant afford the hundreds of dollars they charge for 5 minutes of their time. Just super dissapointed....

November 8th, 2011
The man cured me of a life threatening condition need I say more.

March 11th, 2011
Ok doc.
Having type II diabetes, IBS, some high liver ratings and am considering bariatric surgery. My visit with Albun was to review the liver scores and need for a colonoscopy. He generously spent time discussing these concerns and regarding my concerns for bariatric surgery, he shared his experience with post-surgery patients. He does not over prescribe drugs, prescribed none for me and reassuringly explained why none were needed, and was satisfied with my self management of the IBS.

February 16th, 2011
Stay Away
Waited 30 minutes for appt when was there early! room walls very thin, can hear everything discussed in other rooms, can we say HIPPA laws? Dr. laughed at me when told him had been nauses for 3 months, tried to set up procedure with procedure phone number, number went straight to voicemail, left message, never got back to me, called main number and said there were only 2 people scheduling for 5 doctors (not my problem) was told to hold a min and a scheduler was on phone within 5 seconds (amazing), dr has poor bedside manner, went in for procedure and he acted like he had no idea who i was, after procedure was rude and prescribed same meds he did 2 weeks prior like he didn't even look at chart b4 talking to me. Nurse at original appt asked exact same questions that were asked on paperwork I HAD to fill out right before appt. if youre gonna ask the same questions why have the paperwork? VERY DISAPPOINTED, looking for new specialist!!!

October 20th, 2010
he may be smart in his field but he's arrogant. Horrible bedside manner. Won't even let you ask questions, does not listen AT ALL. Like another post said "biggest JERK ever!"

August 2nd, 2010
Very poor bedside manner, very rude, didn't seem to care about my questions, ignored my family and their concerns. I was also seen by one of his partners. Parteners seemed to be way more professional and knowledgable. thank you.

July 15th, 2010
JERK
This doctor is the biggest jerk ever