Dr. Carl Balog MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 7th, 2017
HIPPA Violaters / Patient Abusers
Cowardice! I've been a patient for a year. In that time, multiple paperwork mistakes have been made including an HIPPA violation. I was told, despite having a certain condition which qualifies me for SSD, that if I had questions, I had to call the office directly instead of my husband who wasn't a patient. Again, after messages being ignored and paperwork once again changed from the plan the month prior, I attempted to get clarification as to why it changed and if it would be changed back. Providence St. Vincents, who rec'd a couple of wrong orders including a request for "sedation" instead of "anesthesia" [which was the whole point of going to St. Vincents], was waiting as I had made a temporary appt. on March 9th and they needed to add time if other sections were going to be included. All I was met with is nastiness [Tricia & Pamela] and once again told the only patients who matter are those being seen [I guess since phoned in questions aren't covered by insurance, they have zero importance]. Finally, after being told to call back multiple times the morning after a time critical message was left, I was ultimately told there would be no change and Dr. Balog was out of town until middle of following week. He just left 20 minutes prior. Funny, part of my claustrophobia was due to a neck bracket put on me at a private MRI place and now that part of my MRI was no longer being requested. My father died of Spine Cancer last year and my mother has arthritis all up and down her spine. Forget the T8 hairline fracture I had while pregnant that's causing great pain. Also add the hard fought RF he did in December didn't go high enough to be of much benefit. Let's also not forget Dr. Balog said he'd take over the MRI which I had mentioned MY PCP was going to take care of himself originally! Tricia can't even make sure non-opiod prescriptions matched in refills. Every month/other month, there were prescription issues due to no refills left on one while the other had a few. Again, there is no attention to details whether it's faxed medication, procedure requests, or even responding to a basic time sensitive clarification. For Alexi to not even understand the difference between "sedation" and "anesthesia" yet is considered one of the top employees according to the past office manager is mind boggling! Now my condition is highly triggered causing high pain, headaches, a gut turned to mud, and frazzled nerves. I was threatened by Tricia with trespassing for showing up to my appt. made the month prior [they claimed they called despite it was put on the record last fall [during the whole "you need to call us" spiel] that primary mode of contact to us was to be email ONLY. [They claimed to have sent a letter but we never rec'd it and when I asked for a printout, it couldn't be found]. Additionally, since I have no idea where Alexi sent my records last September as neither my insurance company or it's 3rd party decision maker received it, I'm left to trying to find a new doctor while triggered plus a hubby working 12 hour days on top of the trauma of having my medications/conditions faxed to some unknown party 6 months ago. Let's not add the fact hubby's employer in January said half of the workers were to be laid off and we are facing him possibly not having a job/insurance making the need for these procedures even more imminent! The staff has major issues and attitudes - even the answering service who once answered the phone during business hours due to some phone tech issues was quite rude! If Dr. Balog, given the multiple complaints on this board, doesn't realize it's his mediocre staff that's the issue and not somebody who never missed or was late to an appt, passed all UA's, and never abused medication, then his business will cease to exist. Kicking out a patient due to his staff's incompetence and rudeness who obviously blame the patients, not themselves, when another issue rares it's ugly head that needs clarification MONTHS after it should have been completed is NOT the solution to HIS PROBLEMS!

June 16th, 2017
Great office great staff.

May 20th, 2017
GREAT STAFF!

April 6th, 2017
Great doctor and clinic
Dr Balog is very empathetic and knowledgeable with medical diagnosis and treatments. He also takes time to explain the best course of action with risks and benefits.

March 22nd, 2017
Very patient and understanding.

March 18th, 2017
I have always received the best care at this clinic.

December 22nd, 2016
We Love this office and staff, Dr Balog and his commitment of being well.

December 19th, 2016
Dr. Balog is a wonderful doctor who listens and helps find ways to make you more comfortable, he is very caring. I would recommend him highly. I enjoy seeing him he is always so nice and pleasant also the staff always treat me right.

December 11th, 2016
Dr. Balog is a great doctor! He has the best bedside manner and is so kind and friendly. He truly cares about my quality of life and strives to make it better. The staff is great too! I am so greatful to have such an exceptional doctor.

December 6th, 2016
Love my doctor and staff, they make my life liveable.

November 29th, 2016
He provides excellent communication and provides through evaluation. He also provides and keeps up to treatments.

November 8th, 2016
Pain management done right.
Compared to the variety of clinics I have been to over 26 years this is the best one of all. Here I have been able to put all the past failures aside aside and use them as tools to help me help the doctor direct my pain controll therapy to the point that we are at a point where I can actually say I am getting the best pain relief of all here.