Dr. Carl Bazil MD Patient Reviews

March 12th, 2013
The doctor takes care of my 23 yr old son. My son felt comfortable and he felt that the doctor understood his concerns, he never got that feeling from his prior neurologist. I also have hope for my son, I havent felt that in a long time.

November 8th, 2012
too rigid, too intellectual
Has trouble admitting if he doesn't know something, so self-confident is willing to diagnose on half the data and be wrong,low on empathy, high on professional competitiveness and hubris.Very smart, but not always very good. There's more to beings good doctor than being very smart. He's ambitious, not a clinician's clinician;a perfect academic.

October 5th, 2012
Good Doctor, Terrible Follow UP
Seems like a good doctor and reputation. Was helpful in figuring out what tests needed to be completed. When it came to getting approval, even though they had been notified by insurance that testing was approved they continued to tell me that I was not until I called the insurance company and had to get the authorization number myself - minor but still dissapointing. The real issue was in trying to follow with the doctor with a condition that was causing me a great deal of stress, and being told the doctor will call you tomorrow and then again tomorrow and so on, until i called hourly and was finally able to speak to the doctor. Follow up was very disappointing and whether intentional or not, shows apathy on his part. A doctor who appears not to care, even if he truly does, is not someone I would recommend to others.

March 29th, 2012
Worth traveling to see him
I live in Florida, and I would, if necessary, travel to New York to see Dr Basil. This I did two years ago.