Dr. Carl Berk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2016
Unhappy Patient
On 6-1-2016 I took my daughter to see Dr. Carl Berk. He was nice enough but he was rushing to get to his next patient. He diagnosed her and quickly explained the diagnosis. I asked him some questions and he quickly answer them and gave me a pamphlet. He may be a good Doctor but I did not like him rushing like it was a race! True, my daughter’s diagnosis was not something that needed a lot of time and attention but the way he rushed us was not right and I don’t trust Doctors who rush. Like I always say, if you don’t have the time to see patients and spend the proper amount of time with them then maybe you should not except so many. I would not recommend Dr. Carl Berk. P.S. Dr. Matthew Grafenburg also works at Pinehurst Surgical Clinic and he is the same way so I would not recommend him either!

September 23rd, 2014
Wicked Ears/Tonsils
We've been taking our son to see Dr. Berk since he was one. Our son is now 3! Dr. Berk has performed adneiodectomy & tube placement in the ear canals. My son has recurring ear infection & once we saw Dr. Berk he explained to us that we would be dealing with a chronic issue until the fluid is removed from his ear canal. Antibiotics were only treating the infection but never clearing the fluid. After surgery our son was a happier, healthier baby who began talking better & sleeping better. He's not had an ear infection since. Now we are dealing with the occasional flare-ups of tonsils but Dr. Berk is our doctor of choice over seeing the pediatricians. Recently took our son to te pediatricians office & they barely looked at his throat & told us that he has allergies. Called Dr. Berk same day; their office made arrangements for my son to be examined that day, Dr. Berk listened to us as parents concerned for a 103 fever, barely able to talk/swallow, & snoring at night, he got a good look at his throat & told us that he has an infection! He prescribed medications & told us if he's not any better in a couple of days to let him know. He spends adequate time with us, always is compassionate towards our son, he's funny, & he seems very knowledgeable. My son likes him so much that he plays doctor around the house & tells everyone to call him, "Dr. Berk." Would recommend all of my family & friends who need an ENT to see him.

February 20th, 2012
Been seeing Dr Berk for many years but lately he has been less patient and caring. Took no time to explain or try to comfort the patient even though it was a young child. A couple of minutes to explain what he was doing and to familiarize the child to the equipment would have been appreciated. We will be looking elsewhere for our ENT needs in the future. What a disappointing change in bedside manner.

September 12th, 2011
Septoplasty/Tonsillectomy/Thyroidectomy
Dr. Berk is a fantastic surgeon. I've now has him preform multiple surgeries on me (I'm a repeat customer). I truly have zero complaints; He's a wonderful doctor. Very polite, kind, knowledgeable, very efficient- I'd give him 5 stars if I could :)

November 24th, 2009
We have found Dr. Berk to be considerate, knowlegable, a good listener, compassionate. Gets to the right people for treatments needed.