Dr. Carl Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carl Chen?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Carl Chen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 10th, 2011

Worst doctor I've ever seen

Not impressed with this Dr. After sitting in the waiting room until almost an hour after my appointment (and missing that hour of paid work), I actually saw the Dr. for less than 5 minutes. He hurried in, felt my hands as they flexed, checked my chart and noted that I have diabetes, gave me a shot in both hands, and left, telling me to make a follow-up appointment at the desk. I'm assuming it was a cortisone shot, but he was in and out so fast that I missed confirming that. Later that night, as my BG's were spiking, I had to go online to find out that cortisone is a steroid, and one of its common side effects is hyperglycemia. He did warn me about numbness for a while (lasted until I went to bed some 6 or 7 hours later), but I've a feeling that he just checks to make sure that he hasn't administered cortisone recently, gives it to most of his patients, delivers his little scripted patter, and runs out to collect his fee from the next sucker. I have an appointment for a follow-up in a month with his Physician's Assistant. If she recommends seeing the Dr. again, I'm definitely going to request a different ortho. St. Jude has many in that same office, and there's no reason to support this hack. Be warned. Carl Chen, M.D. isn't worth either your time or your money.

May 19th, 2011

this md did hand surgery on me x2 and never ordered pt until ihad a contracture of hand! i would not let him remove a toenail again. he does not believe in pt/ot until you have a serious complication. then he blames it on you that you did not do exercises, although none were ever given. he is also stingy on pain med.

March 21st, 2017