Dr. Carl Christensen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 7th, 2016
1st pregnancy Worst experience ever!
This doctor and his office was nothing but problems since day one. He comes in the office and sees you for like 2 mins each at each appointment and every single time I had to wait an average of 3 or 4 hours to see him not to mention they would forget you were waiting. I would still be waiting when some staff was leaving for the day to go home, and when I had my baby he didnt even see me one time in the hospital or the baby and I didn't hear from him after that. All the receptionists are complete jerks and they all have an attitude and when my husband needed his FMLA paperwork filled out they didnt offer to do it until a month after I gave birth and then they told us to drop it off and it would be filled out in 4 days or less so we did, later that day they called saying he would only do it in person so we had to schedule an appointment (which I am assuming was so he could bill my insurance one more time) and when we got there they had lost the paper work and when my husband said how we have had nothing but issues with this place he refused to fill out the FMLA paperwork and told us to leave! I went to this doctor because I was pregnant and on methadone and I wanted someone who was equipped to deal with my specific situation, well it was all for nothing and any doctor could have handled it much better I am sure bc he did nothing special for me or my baby and his residents saw me more then him, he did not deliver baby nor did any of the residents or anyone I even knew! I have never had a worst experience in my life at a medical establishmeng and I would never go to this doctor again, I feel bad for anyone who does.

June 11th, 2016
horrible doctor

June 7th, 2016
I think Dr. Christensen is a wonderful doctor. My husband has Post Stroke Chronic Pain Syndrome and Dr. Christensen was responsible for detoxing him. He did a fantastic job and treated him with respect and with a high degree of professionalism. Our experience was great and I would highly recommend he or his wife.

February 19th, 2015
Simply Amazing!!
Dr. Christensen is an amazing doctor!!! He has helped me in so many ways and has improved my quality of life so much!!! Not only has he played a priceless role in my life as my physician, He has given me a chance to live a normal life. I am forever grateful for him and his outstanding knowledge and work!!! I HIGHLY recommend him!!!!

January 27th, 2015
wants to help
I completely understand why people say what they do about his downtown detroit location, but it should not be a reflection of his abilities as a doctor. You can go to his Ann Arbor location for a different experience. If you can just accept you need help, he really will help you. What I've always liked about him is that he isn't judging; he knows how these things happen and he's sensitive to that. He's actually there for his patients. He has a personal cell number that he checks and responds to daily. I feel like I could reach him anytime I need to. I've definitely disagreed with his suggestions in the past, but he's not wrong. He's the best doctor you will find in his field. If your are ready for his help, it's the best you can get.

January 14th, 2015
Very unprofessional treating everyone's addiction as a whole, not individualized.

April 3rd, 2014
Great Dr. Not so great hospital/clinic
I disagree with these reviews on him but not the clinic. You are warned, upon becoming a patient, that waiting is going to happen. They said anywhere between an hour or possibly 3. It's happened.I was referred by my regular ob who work with him at the dmc and they were right about him.he's a fantastic Dr. He's been with me throughout my pregnancy, has been nothing but professional, answers all my questions and I don't feel like I'm being looked down upon or like "just another addict". I also follow his advice because it is in the best interest of my child and me. He is only there one day a week so there is a lot of patients that need to be seen (hence the waiting times) I've never encountered a rude nurse (but have experienced 1 fairly rude receptionist) I would recommend him to anyone under going addiction treatment while pregnant. He's highly knowledgeable in his field and actually cares and addresses all concerns and issues with your specific treatment!As for the hospital itself. . I'm not delivering there. I don't like the down town area, it's far from where I live and I'm just not thrilled about the place in general.

November 11th, 2013
worst hospital and office visits
I actually stayed with Christensen through entire pregnancy. Horrible experience! Waited in downtown office for hours, literally hours, after apt time. Saw the Dr. for about 3 minuets after all the waiting. Hutzel had the worst nurses, rudest, unknowledgeable and just all around horrible experience. Wont ever go back!! I wanted to report the nurses, but decided to not waste any more time on the negativity. Hope this helps someone

October 14th, 2013
Most horrible experience
Dr. Carl W Christensen was the rudest doctor I have ever went to. Very unprofessional . I will not go back to him

May 18th, 2013
Not so good!!
He was rude and wanted to you to jump through many hoops for something was diagnoised and has been treated for over 10 years, not to mention I waited over an hour for my scheduled appointment. Never wanna go back