A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carl Cohen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carl Cohen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cohen
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cohen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carl Cohen, MD is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Cognition Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Gum Disease (Periodontal Diseases)
- Memory Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cohen graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cohen has 6 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carl I Cohen MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Carl I. Cohen practice?
- Dr. Carl Cohen has 1 office location.
Dr. Carl Cohen practices Geriatric Psychiatry near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Psychiatrists.