2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 16th, 2012

I saw Dr. Gessner a few times over the course of several years. At first, I thought he was wonderful, caring, took time, etc. I don't know if he just developed a God-complex over time or what but a couple of years ago I started experiencing weird, multi-system symptoms, primarily digestive. Naturally, I went back to him.He ran a few tests and was repeatedly dismissive about my concerns, patronizingly saying it was probably just anxiety, as I "have a history of that" (I don't). When I requested further testing, he actually had the kahunas to say, "it's not like you're dying or anything." What an insensitive, arrogant thing to say!A few short months later, I was in Duke Hospital for a month indeed fighting for my life, and no, it wasn't from anxiety. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to Dr. Gessner!

painful show details painful
Nov 17th, 2010

I was never told about what getting ready to happen to me , I was asked to turn on my side & then felt much pain as he penetrated my anus (rectal exam) with out any warning at all! Very little time was spent with me maybe 4 minutes as he ordered a colonoscopy without any reason for it. I cancelled and seen a better MD. I truly felt violated after this visit --- never again.

Patient Feedback show details Patient Feedback
by Thought my Doctor Cared on Mar 20th, 2009

Seems very nice first meeting but as you get to know him you learn he is very controlling, insensitive, and arrogant.