Dr. Carl Gibson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

February 5th, 2016
Highly recommend this physician

March 24th, 2015
Found this doctor to be a bit lazy

March 26th, 2014
Very Disappointed
I was referred by Dr. Gibson to do a test which was not available at their facility. So, I went for my test and suddenly realized that I had to reschedule it because I didn't prep for the test due to the lack of information from Dr. Gibson's staff or the facility where I did my test. Finally, a month later I was able to take the test at John's Institute of Medicine in Newport News, VA and was told that they will send my results in one week to Dr. Gibson's office. A week later I didn't hear anything so I decided to call and found out that they don't have any records of me taking the test. I called multiples time and left messages for Dr. Gibson's nurse. Finally I got a call back only to find out what I already knew that they don't have any records of me talking the test. It took me almost one week and finally I got my test results after multiple calls back and forth to Dr. Gibson's office and John's Institute of Medicine, no thanks to Dr. Gibson's staff. It's almost as if they don't care. I will never deal with these folks ever again if I have a choice.

January 18th, 2014
Go back to medical school
I agree the with the statement of him being the worst doctor ever!I found him to be very dismissive when ever i ask him questions on anything that i have concern with ,he doesn't take the time out to explain anything ,and no he isn't any better treating diabetes.I don't know how he is still practicing medicine!! Finding a new doctor today!

April 26th, 2013
RN
Worst Dr. Ever. I had to guide his fingers to palpate a nodule the size of a quarter....pressed too hard to assess the mass. Does not use ultrasound to guide for biopsy. Does not communicate well. When I asked my biopsy results, he would joy tell me what was found. Only repeated " it was negative". Fine. But never have found out what WAS found. I had pitting edema, moon face etc. Swollen neck, trouble swallowing and voice changes. His solution was for me to eat less. After he performed the biopsy, I suffered thru Thyroiditis. Perhaps due to his poor technique. Don't have a history etc. Oh, I did turn up with a HVS 1 infection within a month after biopsy, which added to the Thyroiditis. First do no harm....do NOT select Dr Gibson as your care provider for thyroid issues. Very dismissive, ill informed. Claimed he had never heard of HVS1 being found in a thyroid nodule, or becoming active on nerves in the throat. Must not google or read professional journals. Abundant literature available.... I will call Tri Care and file a complaint. People should not have to suffer thru his poor care.

April 24th, 2012
Very Good Doctor
Good bedside mannerTells you everythingOn time

April 15th, 2012
Fantastic Service and Caring
The service by Dr Gibson was fantastic and he as well as his staff showed that they were both interested and concerned about my treatment. He is one of the best doctor's I have ever had, that includes my diabetes and anything else.

April 20th, 2011
Worst Endo Ever for Thyroid Disorders
He may be better at treating diabetes, but my experience was exasperating when it came to my thyroid disorder. He treats the LABS only, not the patient. And he doesn't even test beyond TSH and FT4. Never will test for FT3. He has no compassion and no interest in patient symptoms. He does not believe in Amour or t4/t3 combined treatment. He is egotistical, spends 2 minutes with you, and is the smartest person he's ever met. Left me needlessly suffering for over a year, dismissing that my symptoms couldn't possibly be my Thyroid. When I requested my med records from the office to go to a new endo, I found that he made absolutely NO notations of any of my symptoms I reported to him for over a year. After going through 18 more months of testing by other specialists, circled back around to suspect thyroid issues. New endo fixed my probs asap by treating ME as a human, not a blood test result. The positive is, he is REALLY easy to schedule an appointment...which tells me he's not all that popular :)

August 5th, 2010
I have found Dr. Gibson to be thorough, knowledgeable, personable, and technology saavy. My appointments have been quite pleasant--from the times I entered the office until I left. Kudos to Dr. Gibson and his staff.