Dr. Carl Lauryssen MD Patient Reviews

September 22nd, 2016
Dr. L gave me back a worthwhile life!
In Los Angeles, in 2011 and again in 2012, Dr. Lauryssen performed surgery on my spine, including fusion. I can't speak highly enough about how his skill and judgment gave me back a life worth living. Those of you in pain or despair will understand how huge this is. God bless him.

July 15th, 2016
I was so fortunate to have Dr. Carl Lauryssen M.D. perform my Spinal Laminectomy surgery at Lakeway. He is six stars all the way.

May 3rd, 2016
Excellence in spinal surgery
I was severely incapacitated by sciatica pain, could not walk or sit. Dr. Lauryssen worked me in and my MRI showed L3-L4 herniation. Having previously been through PT, chiro, acupuncture and all other options, I knew it was time for surgery. He did not once pressure me and mentioned I could seek a second opinion. His credentials were enough for me to know he was the doctor I wanted to do my surgery. Within 2 days, I had the surgery and was pain free. State of the art hospital, incredible service and Dr. Lauryssen is not only a phenomenal surgeon, but he is gentle, compassionate and has zero ego. I will thank this man forever for saving me from debilitating pain.

March 3rd, 2016
Initial visit only. Doctor was very knowledgeable ( comparing him to other doctors in his field), professional, and easy to discuss my issues with. I truly believe he does care about the patient. Fortunate to have him in my corner.

October 23rd, 2015
former patient
I had Dr Carl Larryssen as my Dr. In Missouri before he went to California. He was very polite and took the time to answer all my questions. I would highly recommend him at 100% . I had a C5-C6 disc fusion done and had immediate relief after surgery.

September 16th, 2015
bad experience has connections with numerous spine hardware manufacturers
Dr Carl Lauryssen works for several spine manufactures. He denied my spinal surgery through a utilization review company called GENEX. I do not think Dr Lauryssen should be allowed to work for a workers compensation utilization review company making determinations on spinal surgeries that include spinal hardware from a manufacturer he is financially connected. In my case I was having difficulties with spinal hardware that was from a manufacturer he was financially connected and Dr Laryssen denied my hardware removal. This was after I had several doctors approve the removal originally but did not pass surgery clearance and why the request was sent to utilization review. Since my hardware was causing an issue there would be a FDA incident report sent to the FDA and it would have named the manufacturer. By denying my hardware removal this could not happen. Spinal surgeons who have financial ties to implant manufacturers should not be allowed in a position to approve spinal surgeries as it is often known what surgeons are using what type of spinal hardware. This can promote abuse and is a conflict of interest. I complained to GENEX UR company about the conflict of interest situation with Dr Lauryssen and was able to finally get the hardware taken out that was causing me pain. Dr Lauryssens denial did cause delays and further pain for me. I would not recommend a surgeon who works for spine manufacturers as this in my opinion can cause a conflict a of interest. The best doctors are those who are not in the pockets of companies and do surgeries on patients who actually need it.

July 19th, 2013
Outstanding!
Thank God I was referred to Dr. Lauryssen by a friend who had been his patient in the recent past. His surgery saved me from being consigned to a lifetime in a wheelchair. I had zero pain after surgery. I met a therapist after surgery who also was operated on by him who dubs him her "Doctor Carl Rock Star." I agree with her!

June 10th, 2013
Dr. Lauryssen saved my life!
I had three very significant back surgeries One with a doctor in Orange County. The last two with Dr. Lauryssen. His diagnosis were spot on. He is a kind and care and physician, you're not just another patient. My first surgery with Dr. Lauryssen was a three level fusion. That lasted many many years. Slowly the pain begin to return. That brought me back for a two-level decompression above the fusion. He literally saved my life. I was able to get off almost all of the pain medication. Now a take an occasional Marco. No more of the big heavy drugs. I would recommend Dr. Lauryssen to anyone including my own family members without hesitation.

July 30th, 2012
I appreciate the time and energy invested in my overall outcome. Dr. Lauryssen and his staff are a standard above the rest. Professionalism in an understatment for his work ethic. I am almost pain free and will forever be grateful to Dr. Lauryssen for his amazing ability to make miracles happen!

October 28th, 2011
Outstanding surgeon
Best spinal doc out there, no question. Getting through to the office and wait time is another matter. Go if you have lots of time on your hands.

September 21st, 2011
I'm 37 weeks pregnant & do not have any back issues whatsoever. Dr. Lauryssen should be given a nobel prize. I'm astounded that my back and neck and tailbone area feel like i never had any issues what so ever. Before surgery, i was in extreme pain. Dr. Lauryssen is the best surgeon in the world... I wish i could tell the world. :)

July 18th, 2011
The spinal cord surgery I underwent was mandatry (as most neurosurgeries are) and it scared me. Dr. Lauryssen did an excellent job though. I'm greatful that he was where I needed him, as it is specialty.