Carl Lauryssen, MD
8201 Beverly Boulevard
Suite 405
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 272-4678
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Outstanding!  |  show details
by Gary S. on Jul 19th, 2013

Thank God I was referred to Dr. Lauryssen by a friend who had been his patient in the recent past. His surgery saved me from being consigned to a lifetime in a wheelchair. I had zero pain after surgery. I met a therapist after surgery who also was operated on by him who dubs him her "Doctor Carl Rock Star." I agree with her!

|  Dr. Lauryssen saved my life!  |  show details
by Jim Perkins on Jun 10th, 2013

I had three very significant back surgeries One with a doctor in Orange County. The last two with Dr. Lauryssen. His diagnosis were spot on. He is a kind and care and physician, you're not just another patient. My first surgery with Dr. Lauryssen was a three level fusion. That lasted many many years. Slowly the pain begin to return. That brought me back for a two-level decompression above the fusion. He literally saved my life. I was able to get off almost all of the pain medication. Now a take an occasional Marco. No more of the big heavy drugs. I would recommend Dr. Lauryssen to anyone including my own family members without hesitation.

Jul 30th, 2012

I appreciate the time and energy invested in my overall outcome. Dr. Lauryssen and his staff are a standard above the rest. Professionalism in an understatment for his work ethic. I am almost pain free and will forever be grateful to Dr. Lauryssen for his amazing ability to make miracles happen!

|  Outstanding surgeon  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2011

Best spinal doc out there, no question. Getting through to the office and wait time is another matter. Go if you have lots of time on your hands.

|  Top notch surgeon.  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2011

I had a cervical and lumbar surgery performed on me by Dr. Lauryssen. My surgeries thus far have been very successful. One year post back surgery and two years post cervical surgery, I was able to partake in some fairly strenuous hikes with my family in Moab, Utah. I had minor discomfort during and following the hike, my pain level is far less today than it was before my surgery. I would not have been able to do the hikes I participated in before my surgery. Thank you again for the care and quality of work you performed in the repair of my back and neck injury. The wait time in the office was often 40 minutes on average, it is a busy office, but the results of the surgery negate any inconveniences that occured. Ben M.

Sep 21st, 2011

I'm 37 weeks pregnant & do not have any back issues whatsoever. Dr. Lauryssen should be given a nobel prize. I'm astounded that my back and neck and tailbone area feel like i never had any issues what so ever. Before surgery, i was in extreme pain. Dr. Lauryssen is the best surgeon in the world... I wish i could tell the world. :)

Jul 18th, 2011

The spinal cord surgery I underwent was mandatry (as most neurosurgeries are) and it scared me. Dr. Lauryssen did an excellent job though. I'm greatful that he was where I needed him, as it is specialty.

|  A long time waiting  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

He is a great doctor, but his office is chaotic. Your chart and xrays will be lost so he won't really have any reference as to why you're there.

|  Dr. Lauryssen is great at what he does!  |  show details
by Shirin M. on Jul 28th, 2010

I always think I was lucky that the previous surgeons I had seen did not operate on me for one reason or another. They prolonged my pain, but at least I trusted my neck to the best of the best: Dr. Carl Lauryssen.

|  Kevin Nuxoll  |  show details
by kevin nuxoll on Jun 29th, 2010

He saved my life! Dr. Carl cared about me before and AFTER surgery for many years. He was concernened with my use of pain meds. A living angel

Oct 11th, 2009

Dr. Lauryssen is an amazing surgeon! After 4 disc replacement surgeries I can honestly say I trusted him with my life and would do so again. I agree with a couple of the comments, his staff does not represent him well.

|  Definitely recommend  |  show details
by Simone on Jul 13th, 2008

I have had back problems although I am very young. I have been to A LOT of doctors that were supposed to be the best in the industry, however I've kept looking because I was misdiagnosed every time and/or not given the proper attention. Dr. Lauryssen is the most knowledgable, understanding,patient,caring doctor I have ever met. I can not say enough about him. I went to my appointment expecting the same disappointment, but I was SO pleasantly surprised. Thank you Dr. Lauryssen! I can not say enough about him!

|  To have Dr. Lauryssen as your doctor.... You are Blessed  |  show details
by Lenn Gagne on Jun 18th, 2008

Carl is the most caring, compassionate doctor we have ever met. He truly care for his patients. He listens to your concerns , he does not judge you, but he will do anything to help you. I was in a boatong accident in 2000, and was bwdridden for 3 years until I met my guardian Angel. I am now walking and dong much better. Other doctors told me there was No hope for me. just to take meds and your life is basically done. No other doctor wanted to touch my back because of the severity and location, Carl said I'm here and willing to help you. We have became very close, I truly owe this man my life. If you meed a doctor or questions answrerd please feel free to call me . My name is Lenn 760-723-7388. I am here to help.PLease put your trust into Dr. Lauryssen. Thank you.