Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Gary T. Petler on Jul 15th, 2016

I was so fortunate to have Dr. Carl Lauryssen M.D. perform my Spinal Laminectomy surgery at Lakeway. He is six stars all the way.

Excellence in spinal surgery show details Excellence in spinal surgery
May 3rd, 2016

I was severely incapacitated by sciatica pain, could not walk or sit. Dr. Lauryssen worked me in and my MRI showed L3-L4 herniation. Having previously been through PT, chiro, acupuncture and all other options, I knew it was time for surgery. He did not once pressure me and mentioned I could seek a second opinion. His credentials were enough for me to know he was the doctor I wanted to do my surgery. Within 2 days, I had the surgery and was pain free. State of the art hospital, incredible service and Dr. Lauryssen is not only a phenomenal surgeon, but he is gentle, compassionate and has zero ego. I will thank this man forever for saving me from debilitating pain.

by Benjamin Manry on Mar 3rd, 2016

Initial visit only. Doctor was very knowledgeable ( comparing him to other doctors in his field), professional, and easy to discuss my issues with. I truly believe he does care about the patient. Fortunate to have him in my corner.

former patient show details former patient
by Amy M .Ledbetter on Oct 23rd, 2015

I had Dr Carl Larryssen as my Dr. In Missouri before he went to California. He was very polite and took the time to answer all my questions. I would highly recommend him at 100% . I had a C5-C6 disc fusion done and had immediate relief after surgery.

bad experience has connections with numerous spine hardware manufacturers show details bad experience has connections with numerous spine hardware manufacturers
Sep 16th, 2015

Dr Carl Lauryssen works for several spine manufactures. He denied my spinal surgery through a utilization review company called GENEX. I do not think Dr Lauryssen should be allowed to work for a workers compensation utilization review company making determinations on spinal surgeries that include spinal hardware from a manufacturer he is financially connected. In my case I was having difficulties with spinal hardware that was from a manufacturer he was financially connected and Dr Laryssen denied my hardware removal. This was after I had several doctors approve the removal originally but did not pass surgery clearance and why the request was sent to utilization review. Since my hardware was causing an issue there would be a FDA incident report sent to the FDA and it would have named the manufacturer. By denying my hardware removal this could not happen. Spinal surgeons who have financial ties to implant manufacturers should not be allowed in a position to approve spinal surgeries as it is often known what surgeons are using what type of spinal hardware. This can promote abuse and is a conflict of interest. I complained to GENEX UR company about the conflict of interest situation with Dr Lauryssen and was able to finally get the hardware taken out that was causing me pain. Dr Lauryssens denial did cause delays and further pain for me. I would not recommend a surgeon who works for spine manufacturers as this in my opinion can cause a conflict a of interest. The best doctors are those who are not in the pockets of companies and do surgeries on patients who actually need it.

Outstanding! show details Outstanding!
by Gary S. on Jul 19th, 2013

Thank God I was referred to Dr. Lauryssen by a friend who had been his patient in the recent past. His surgery saved me from being consigned to a lifetime in a wheelchair. I had zero pain after surgery. I met a therapist after surgery who also was operated on by him who dubs him her "Doctor Carl Rock Star." I agree with her!

Dr. Lauryssen saved my life! show details Dr. Lauryssen saved my life!
by Jim Perkins on Jun 10th, 2013

I had three very significant back surgeries One with a doctor in Orange County. The last two with Dr. Lauryssen. His diagnosis were spot on. He is a kind and care and physician, you're not just another patient. My first surgery with Dr. Lauryssen was a three level fusion. That lasted many many years. Slowly the pain begin to return. That brought me back for a two-level decompression above the fusion. He literally saved my life. I was able to get off almost all of the pain medication. Now a take an occasional Marco. No more of the big heavy drugs. I would recommend Dr. Lauryssen to anyone including my own family members without hesitation.

Jul 30th, 2012

I appreciate the time and energy invested in my overall outcome. Dr. Lauryssen and his staff are a standard above the rest. Professionalism in an understatment for his work ethic. I am almost pain free and will forever be grateful to Dr. Lauryssen for his amazing ability to make miracles happen!

Outstanding surgeon show details Outstanding surgeon
Oct 28th, 2011

Best spinal doc out there, no question. Getting through to the office and wait time is another matter. Go if you have lots of time on your hands.

Sep 21st, 2011

I'm 37 weeks pregnant & do not have any back issues whatsoever. Dr. Lauryssen should be given a nobel prize. I'm astounded that my back and neck and tailbone area feel like i never had any issues what so ever. Before surgery, i was in extreme pain. Dr. Lauryssen is the best surgeon in the world... I wish i could tell the world. :)

Jul 18th, 2011

The spinal cord surgery I underwent was mandatry (as most neurosurgeries are) and it scared me. Dr. Lauryssen did an excellent job though. I'm greatful that he was where I needed him, as it is specialty.

A long time waiting show details A long time waiting
Oct 25th, 2010

He is a great doctor, but his office is chaotic. Your chart and xrays will be lost so he won't really have any reference as to why you're there.

Dr. Lauryssen is great at what he does! show details Dr. Lauryssen is great at what he does!
by Shirin M. on Jul 28th, 2010

I always think I was lucky that the previous surgeons I had seen did not operate on me for one reason or another. They prolonged my pain, but at least I trusted my neck to the best of the best: Dr. Carl Lauryssen.

Kevin Nuxoll show details Kevin Nuxoll
by kevin nuxoll on Jun 29th, 2010

He saved my life! Dr. Carl cared about me before and AFTER surgery for many years. He was concernened with my use of pain meds. A living angel

Oct 11th, 2009

Dr. Lauryssen is an amazing surgeon! After 4 disc replacement surgeries I can honestly say I trusted him with my life and would do so again. I agree with a couple of the comments, his staff does not represent him well.

Definitely recommend show details Definitely recommend
by Simone on Jul 13th, 2008

I have had back problems although I am very young. I have been to A LOT of doctors that were supposed to be the best in the industry, however I've kept looking because I was misdiagnosed every time and/or not given the proper attention. Dr. Lauryssen is the most knowledgable, understanding,patient,caring doctor I have ever met. I can not say enough about him. I went to my appointment expecting the same disappointment, but I was SO pleasantly surprised. Thank you Dr. Lauryssen! I can not say enough about him!