Dr. Carl Long III MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Dallas, TX

December 2nd, 2013
Missed by many and hard to replace
I have seen Dr. Long for about 24 years now. He is personable, takes time to listen to concerns and evaluates the whole person. There was one year he was not covered by my insurance but after going to three different doctors on my plan, I returned to Dr. Long and paid out of pocket. In one doctor office I waited at least an hour to see the doctor and he was in an out within 5 minutes tops. I never felt rushed with Dr. Long and he would look at my list of questions and check them off as we discussed them. I'm not sure why Dr. Long is retiring but it seems more and more doctors are at an earlier age possibly due to the lack of freedom to treat people the way they want which most likely provides more time and care. They are limited by insurance companies and now with Obama care who knows what will happen to all the good doctors. I'm already seeing a cut in the number of providers I have to choose ones and ones that I previously were treated by and felt good about are no longer on my plan. When you have a chronic condition you need a consistent team of doctors treating you. Any way I side tracked. I can understand why Dr. Long may want to resign but he will be missed by many and very hard to replace.

August 28th, 2013
Great doctor. Always listens and works with the patient to get the proper diagnosis and the right treatments. The only problem is getting an appointment as his staff judiciously protects his time and schedule. He is in high demand so that is to be expected.

October 21st, 2012
Really listens and does not rush you through
Dr. Long and his staff are all very friendly and compassionate. You really have the feeling that they genuinely care about you and you health. Instead of having to run all over town for labs, x-rays etc they have it all right there. If you have labs drawn you will usually have an email with the results, and an evaluation, by Dr. Long within 48 business hours. He has really motivated me to change my health patterns.