Dr. Carl Maltese MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

November 8th, 2016
Caring and Straightforward
I am a comparatively new heart patient, and cancer patient in need of surgery for esophageal and lung cancer. The blood thinners used in connection with heart problems put me at risk for needed major surgery. I was referred to Dr. Maltese by a chief surgeon with the VA. Dr Maltese personally examined me and ordered additional tests that he deemed necessary for accurate assessment of my special needs. I was impressed with his non-hurried patience as I asked about as many questions as he. He took time to address all my concerns and put me at ease. He also explained the inherent risks. I feel absolutely confident with the treatment I received from the doctor and his efficient staff.

February 21st, 2016
Yes he saved my life two years ago .

December 17th, 2015
I am a dialysis patient wife and Dr Maltese twice put made him wait on his surgery from 7:30am to 2pm then said he did not no when he would return to do it.

May 15th, 2015
I have nothing but good things about Dr. Maltese. He has saved my life when several other doctors had no idea what was wrong with me and thought it was all in my head and it turned out to be stenosis of the aorta and legs. GREAT MD ! ! ! !

August 5th, 2012
This doctor is terrible.
First, he never really listened to me. I was an outpatient and I waited 9 hours before I went back to OR. He did a couple cases then left didnt come back for 3 hours. And no he didn't have an emergency. Once I was in OR I waited on the table for 30 minutes while he was drinking his coffee and visiting. He is a very rude man and hope that people will read this and choose a nicer more competent dr.