A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carl May:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carl May, Ophthalmologist is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. May
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. May Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carl May, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. May graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. May has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Hanover Hospital, Inc
- Hanover General Hospital, Hanover, Pa
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carl Joseph May MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Carl J. May practice?
- Dr. Carl May has 1 office location.
Dr. Carl May practices Ophthalmology near Hanover, PA.
See Hanover Ophthalmologists.