A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carl May:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carl May, Ophthalmologist is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carl May, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. May graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. May has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Hanover Hospital, Inc
- Hanover General Hospital, Hanover, Pa
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. May accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Carl J. May practice?
Dr. Carl May practices Ophthalmology near Hanover, PA.
See Hanover Ophthalmologists.