Dr. Carl Nath MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 19th, 2016
Best Doctor in Jersey
I came into Lakewood to see Dr. Nath for my nuchal scan. I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. First and foremost, he is very genuine. He came in shook both my hand and my husbands, said hello to my kid. You could tell he wasn't being phony, he has this way about him that you rarely see in the medical field. He was very friendly and took some measurements that the tech couldn't get because the baby wasn't in a good position. During the whole time he was chatty, and in good spirits. He explained everything thoroughly and went through the tests I had to take. He pretty much treated us like we were family. There are not enough doctors like Dr. Nath in this cold world. Every doctor sees me, doesn't even look me in the eye, rushes through exams, cuts me off, doesn't listen, and leaves in the middle of me talking, but not Dr. Nath. I would highly recommend him. I have to go back in a few weeks and feel comfortable having him as my high risk doctor. After we left the office I told my husband that was the nicest doctor I ever met, and he agreed.

November 22nd, 2015
Never Trust This Man
I can almost guarantee that any form of positive review written here was submitted by Dr. Nath himself, this man has absolutely no bedside manner what so ever and is a disgrace to medical community. He barely interacts his patients, and any interaction he does have is unfriendly and unprofessional. I would never recommend anyone see this physician, for someone that refers to himself as a "specialist" he's not even qualified to use an ultrasound machine (which a technician can operate easily). I think this man needs to go back to medical school and learn a thing or two about therapeutic communication and delivering information (both good or bad) in a way that has regards for people's feelings. He should be ashamed of himself and is a poor excuse for a doctor. Please think seriously before selecting this man as your physician.

November 21st, 2015
The last Doctor I would ever recommend
My wife and I saw dr. Nath for a harmony test and untrasound. We first saw a tech who preformed the original ultrasound. She said everything looks good and even printed us out pictures of the ultrasound TWICE. She leaves us in the exam room for more than a half hour and finally comes back with Nath. He immediately comes and and with no tack drops the bomb shell there is a problem. He sits at the ultrasound machine, which seemingly look like he never used before. While doing another ultrasound it seemed as he was asking the tech her opinion and answers rather than having his own. The whole time he was performing his ultrasound he didn't say a word to us, Just chatted back and forth with the tech and a lot of the time not even talking about the task at hand. For a doc who is supposed to be a specialist..... He had to keep asking the tech how to use the machine. After what seemed like an eternity he just looks at us and says he sees a problem and we should think about terminating. He states I see this that and another, all of which he says he has seen many times before and most turn out to nothing. But together they tell him trisomy 18 and we should think about terminating. Doesn't ease into it just bam! His bed side manner stinks. Of course we were both shocked at his comment, and he just said it like it was nothing. He suggests a test where they stick a large needle in my wife's stomach and draw a sample. Once again it seems like something he has never done before. He says I will give you a few minutes to talk it over and then I will return, we can talk then we would need to sign a constent and do the procedure. Several minutes pass and a nurse comes in and says we need to sign a constent. We hadn't even made our decision yet. In shock we sign it, she leaves the room. Another several minutes pass and Nath comes in and asks what we think and says we will need to sign a consent, We tell him the nurse already made us do it and just chuckled and says she is fast. At this point my wife is in total shock , so am I but I am already starting to think this guy is a doesn't have a clue. They set up for the test, he brings in an additional nurse to help him, now there are 2 nurses with him in the room. As setting up the 3 of them are asking one another should we use this, throw out that..... Just didn't seem like they ever did this before. We ask if he would numb my wife's stomach before he sticks her and he just says flat out says no. No reason behind it just no. Now the test is about to start, the 3rd nurse is running the ultrasound the doc is doing the test and the other nurse is just in the background. This 3rd nurse who is assisting with the actual test also doesn't really know how to use the machine. They start asking each other how to do certain tasks on the machine, again like it was their first time. They start talking back and forth, once again totally ignoring my wife and myself. My blood pressure was through the roof and I had to bite my tounge from yelling at them to shut and and do the test already and ask them if they have ever done this before . I don't say anything so as to not upset m wife more. Finally they are ready to start- nurse 3 is trying to get the ultrasound positioned properly and the doc says no I just use my little finger to see where to go in. Finally he starts. Sticks the needle in an is extremely rough. Again during the test they ignore my wife completely and the 2 of them look like they had 10 thumbs- again giving me the feeling he had never done this before. My wife is crying in pain and the only one to speak to her was the nurse in the background who saw she was in tremendous pain. Finally he pulls the needle out and we think it's over. He put the sample in a tube and immediately start complaining to the nurse that the tubes are too big, we need to order different tubes and supplies, Stuff that should not be being handled in this room while my wife and I are going they this horrible experience,my wife mostly. Again I sit back and it takes everything I had not to jump up and hit this guy. He continues to look at the sample and starts to argue back and forth with the nurse saying the sample wasn't big enough. The nurse saying it is , the doc saying I don't think so, I knew as soon as I stuck the needle in it wasn't right. I am not a doctor by no means but if you know immediately you are in the wrong spot and it doesn't feel right you just don't continue in hopes it works . After some debat he say "no, I am going to do it again"- my jaw dropped. He continues to say to the nurses he knew it was in the wrong place from the start. I was so angry at this point I really thought I was going to get up and hit this guy, But again my wife comes first. Finally they do the test again, even rougher than the first time and they still looked like 2 monkeys with all thumbs. He gets done and again there is a debate as to if there is enough sample. The nurse in the back ground seemingly had to talk him into the fact that there was. He quickly talks to us and then leaves the room like he was in a rush. They were also supposed to do a blood test on my wife, the nurse mentions it to him and as the door is still opened he says what's the point and the nurse tells him we need too and he says fine as if he had already made his mind up there was no hope. They suggest we see a genetic counselor so while the one nurse is drawing my wife's blood, I am in the hallway, the nurse drawing blood see how upset my wife is and call to another nurse to call the genetic counselor and see if we can get in right away. Again ,I am in the hallway and the nurse that was asked to call I hear say to another nurse " not the counselor the doc does like and work well with" Again my jaw hits the floor and I just can't believe how unprofessional the whole office was. We drive and see the counselor and she goes over more bad news, She tells us the are sending out the sample which will take just 2-3 days and will get the preliminary report by the weekend, this is Thursday afternoon. Friday around 5 pm the counselor calls and tells my wife the sample was small, they are going to have to culture it and won't have the results until the following wed at 5:30, the day before thanks giving . My wife hangs up the phone tells me what she was told and it just didn't sit right with me. I had done some research onthe Doctor and most of his reviews pretty much mimic our experience. Also I see he has had malpractice judgements against him. I decide I am going to call the genetic counselor and talk to her myself. I get her in the phone and ask if there wasn't enough sample after they did the test twice ? She tells me a bit of a different story, she says there was enough sample but had no answer to why a test that was supposed to come back in 2-3 days is now going to take a week. We all still waiting for the results, and I am praying this guy was totally wrong, even if he is not I WOULD NEVER, EVER RECOMMEND ANYONE GO TO THIS DICTOR OR HIS OFFICE. At the worse time of people's life this guy just didn't care about us at all, Seemed like he was being unconvinenced by the whole thing. They are telling us to give up on our baby because of his interpretation if the scan. You would think instead of telling us to give up they would try to tell us to hold out alittle hope until we get the results back. Again, he may be right, but feeling confident in your doctor is the biggest part if medicine - he makes you feel like he is incompitant!!!!!!!!!!

June 9th, 2015
Lack of professionalism & bedside manner
I've never written a doctor review but felt the need after leaving my appointment today. My husband and I went for our 20 week anatomy apt. When the doctor was just about finished with the ultrasound we were told "everything looks great" and then I mentioned to Dr. Nath that we had recently switched to a midwife and were planning to deliver at home. I asked him if based on our apt today all looked good for a home birth, as my midwife requires the mother and baby be in excellent condition with no sign of complication throughout pregnancy. I was given a response that was unexpected & unprofessional. Dr. Nath began to tell me that he could not predict what condition my baby or I would be in later in my pregnancy. He also continued that home birth was not as safe as a hospital birth and that again he could not predict based on today's apt if I would be healthy beyond 20 weeks or not. Dr. Nath told me all of this in a loud aggressive tone, for part of which I was still lying down with gel on my stomach. He continued to repeat himself and suggested that maybe I didn't understand what he was saying.... I wasn't asking Dr. Nath to predict the future I was asking if based on today's apt all looked good. I feel everyone is entitled to their opinions about home birth and midwifery care, but this doctor forcefully yelled his at me. I am a first time mom with honest questions. No matter how much a "doctor" doesn't agree with your choice I'm still a human being who deserves to be spoken to with respect. This doctor clearly does not believe in that. Avoid at all cost if bedside manner, respect and punctuality are of ANY importance to you.

March 16th, 2014
Avoid this man
I was in bad physical shape when I saw this "Doctor". I had suffered a miscarriage maybe five months prior. I was in horrible, horrible pain. Having a BM was horrifically painful. Intercourse was painful. My periods so heavy. Mr. Nath listened to me, briefly glanced at my pain journal, record of heavy menses and wouldn't look at me as I explained that I thought maybe I had something called endometriosis. He examined me roughly then left the office. When he returned with my husband my heart leaped! He stood, we sat and listened in horror as he explained, with glossy brochures, that I was crazy. Fast forward a year. Stage IV ENDOMETRIOSIS, Adenomyosis, Bowel Endometriosis, Bladder Endometriosis, Interstitial Cystitis, Chronic Pelvic Pain... first surgery, 4 hours. Second surgery with renowned endo specialists, 9 hours. Third surgery, at Sloan Kettering (because it presented as a tumor), 3 hours. Thanks, Nath, for adding to the stress of it all. You, are ignorant and arrogant. You are pathetic. What if someone paraded as a doctor and treated a woman you cared about the way you treated me.

February 27th, 2014
Horrible experience
Dr. Nath lacked all bedside manner. He cannot deliver news good or bad. We walked out and immediately called another high risk physician to get our testing done. I would not recommend him to anyone. The office is also very unorganized and horrible with insurance.

April 23rd, 2013
Dr Nath is the best!
I would recommend Dr Nath to anyone and everyone. He is one of my absolute favorite doctors. He is knowledgable, very friendly and makes you feel comfortable.

May 29th, 2012
Extremely professional, caring and incredible bedside manner. A great doctor!!