Otolaryngologists
Video profile
100 S Greentree Ln
Foley, AL 36535
251-970-5430
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Nechtman has been handling an issue with my thyroid. He operated to remove nodes. He is very thorough in his explanations, answering all my questions. He was also careful to forewarn me of what to expect, and I appreciated his honesty. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  My Christmas Gift.  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

After battling a lifetime of sinus infections and in recent years disabling health challenges,and a couple of surgeries...I was left with overwhelming issues to face. I had just been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, no snoring..then got my CPAP machine and snored instantly til completely had my nose closed up. I am a nose breather and it was more depressive than the severe pain I had been in for years. I was blessed to have heard great things about Dr. Nechtman, and he was on my provider list in case I should want to add yet another Dr. to it. The CPAP machine people suggested getting an ENT and I called him before I left the driveway, miraculously I got in after being told a few weeks...last minute cancellation got me there that afternoon, a CT a few days later, which had me in surgery the 28th. I am doing much better...sinus surgery is not a fun process, but with His dedication, thoroughness, and determination to help me heal I am confident once again and have a regained hope in my health and the medical profession as a whole.. Dr. Nechtman is a Physician in the truest sense of the word. He was my Christmas present from God!

|  don't go to this quack  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2011

I was seen by this guy in B'ham and was given an incorrect diagnosis of Meniere's disease when in fact I had a tumor. It was not found until I saw another doctor who ordered an MRI and the tumor was found! Be very careful in accepting the diagnoses of this quack

May 12th, 2009

After having uvulapalatopharnagoplasty surgery done by this man, I began to have swallowing problems. After swallowing tests done at the hospital and 11 weeks of swallowing therapy at 3x a week, it did not improve. Then diviated septum surgery. All of this was done for sleep apnea. 1 1/2 year later, back to his office due to severe headaches and my sinuses not draining. He claimed it was because of the way he did the surgery, my sinus' would not drain. After a couple of days of the Soma he prescribed, my sinus' started draining! My swallowing began to ease, my taste buds began to work.. Nothing is normal yet. A near two month round of Soma and all my muscles fell! I am still suffering with a prolapsed rectum due to that. I went to my primary care physician, and got a prescription for a nasal medication.. my sinuses began to drain real good and a bit of relief from the headaches!! Now.. if he is a professional in his field, why did not properly approach these issues in 2007? He destroyed my health, my well-being and my everyday life!! I have no strength in my muscles.. I must hire my life to be taken care of!! My life totally and completely became non-existent with that first surgery in April 2007! As I asked him.. how can a person have a sore throat, swallowing issues, the whole side of their face hurt and headaches for 24/7 for almost two years? I am very dissatisfied with what he has done to me and my life!!!!! He said to me near the end of my visits to him..with all my questions of the symptoms of what is going on with my body. I have suffered many, many symptoms. His response? I am not a doctor, I am not a doctor... You bet! He is not a doctor!!!!!!! Shame on me for thinking he was!!!!!

Jan 6th, 2009

Dr Nechtman seems to think all ailments are due to sleep apnea.

|  solid doctor  |  show details
by jinabean on Apr 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

very professional and thorough doctor in his field of practice. Very current and up to date on new techniques.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Best Ear Doc Around  |  show details
by my2girls on Apr 13th, 2008 on kudzu.com

When my daughter had to have tubes put in her ears, we were referred to Dr. Nechtman. We were very apprehensive about the surgery, but Dr. Nechtman made us feel at ease about it. He explained the whys and hows of the surgery. He is very friendly and patient with kids.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com