Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl Smoot
Dr. Carl Smoot, DO, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Iron Mountain, MI. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smoot is affiliated with Dickinson County Healthcare System, Portage Health System and Portage Health Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl Smoot has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues,...
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Carl Smoot is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Iron Mountain, MI.
Dr. Gustavo Morel
Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, Hematology
Iron Mountain, MI 0 mi29
Dr. Marjorie Funtanilla
Nephrology, Internal Medicine
Iron Mountain, MI 0 mi27
Dr. Alexis Cirilli Whaley
Pediatrics, Sleep Medicine
Iron Mountain, MI 0 mi11