Dr. Carl Soderstrom MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

July 18th, 2016
I went to see Dr. for the removal of two skin lesions on my face-one superficial, and one that was not. He scraped off the superficial one very quickly and did not do anything to the other as he said it would probably scar. However, he also said that if the lesion ever became malignant, given its location, it would very likely be deadly being so close to the brain. But, recommended not to remove. When I got to office window to check out my bill was $850!! The secretary insisted it was mandatory that I pay to biopsy both lesions which was not necessary, and the 30 seconds it took to scrape off the skin tag was over $300. Charged over $500 for unnecessary biopsies. Outrageous charges and should have been informed ahead of procedure, if you could even call it that-scraped my face with a small looped wire in two spots!

December 9th, 2014
Expertise is what counts
I am 51 years old and live in NJ. However, I am from IL and first went to Dr. Soderstrom when I was a teenager. When I have an issue that I need to have addressed properly, I make a special trip to see Dr. Soderstrom. In fact, I will be taking by 17 year old daughter to see him this spring or summer for a scar under her eye because I know that if anything can be done, it will be done right - end of story. As I read the reviews, I see people complaining about wait time, the time Dr. Soderstrom spends with them, and his "cool" bedside manner. While I have never experienced this, I would say that Dr. Soderstrom is worth the wait, absolutely. He is quick, efficient, and gets down to business because he knows what he is doing - he gets results. At the end of the day, that is what counts in my book.

September 25th, 2013
Revised
I recieved a phone call, actually two, from the director of nursing at the office in reply to a comment I posted a few weeks ago about the long wait time and rude staff. She explained that my wait times have only been around 20 minutes, which for the most part is true. Around 20-35 minutes. There was an occasion, however, when I waited at least an hour, which is in no way acceptable. And I still think the staff is rude. I thank the director of nursing for calling not once, but twice. It shows that they are trying to resolve their issues.

September 18th, 2013
I wish I never had to go back.
Horrible service and customer experience. I've been here about 5 times because this is the only dermatologist in my area that my insurance company covers. I'm waiting for my 4:30 appoitment now, although I will probably be here much longer. On multiple occations I had to wait more than 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment when I arrived 20 minutes before my appointment was scheduled. On one occasion, I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for an appoinment with only a few other people waiting for their own appointments. I ended up having to cancel and reschedule the appointment due to another appointment I had later that day. I didnt think it would be a problem considering I scheduled the appointment two hours before my other appointment, but apparently they expect the customers to work around their schedules. Some of the staff are very rude. The girls who work at the front desk are usually especially unpleasant. I can't wait for the day my insurance covers another dermatologist!

July 2nd, 2013
Very rude
The rudest doctor I can remember ever having met. He pretty much scoffed at the reason for my making an appointment, wrote a prescription and left in mere minutes telling me to come back again. No explanation, no information, just too busy to deal with me.

March 20th, 2013
Professional and very helpful. Great experience!
A cancer diagnosis is tough to swallow, the procedures sound frightening at best. I had a lot of anxiety on my procedure day but it quickly diminished when I arrived at the Peoria Office. Pam (Nurse) has a pleasant demeanor and quickly helped to diminish my anxiety. She can put you at ease with her style, but it didn't end there, the nurses in the plosing area were just as helpful / thoughtful, and I thought "wow everyone here, is a pro" Hope (Nurse) also seemed to go out of her way to relax and assure me it would all go well, she was right. I'm sure there are other places to get this work done, but I doubt you will find a place where your "comfort" comes first. Very busy place, but customer service/patient comfort were never compromised, you can tell the staff likes their jobs, it shows. Thanks for a positive experience.

May 15th, 2012
Total waste of time and money
Wow, drive-thru service is right! I will never be back to this pseudo-doctor again. He "prescribed" his own brand of skin care?!?! Seriously? Then his staff lied about another product, calling it a prescription but when I got home it was on Amazon for $15 bucks. What a massive waste of a co-pay and of my time. I wouldn't recommend this office to an enemy.

November 16th, 2011
Uncaring Doctor
Dr. Soderstrom was very quick with me and hardly even looked at my moles. I tried talking to him about my scar and he was very quick to give his solution, which is to get a scar revision. It costs over $1000 to get that, but he seemed to think it would only be pocket change, a mere co-pay. He wouldn't take the time to listen to me; he just wanted to fix the problem quickly and move on to the next patient. I felt like he was very uncaring and cared more about how many patients he can see rather than caring about the actual patients.

November 4th, 2011
Cold and Uncaring...Stay Away!
My appointment was to have Dr. Soderstrom look at two spots. Once he arrived in the room, he looked at both spots for about two seconds each, had me jump on the table and began scraping. Whole process took about two minutes, barked that I needed to reschedule to have the second spot looked at. Paid $593. This is a cold, uncaring doctor who is clearly in a hurry to make lots of money. Stay away....awful!

August 11th, 2010
I had no problems with Dr.Soderstrom or his office staff and would recommend him to anyone.

June 3rd, 2010
Dr. Soderstrom saved my life!
Dr. Soderstrom saved my life! I recently attended a free skin cancer screening on Saturday. Dr. Soderstrom found a melanoma on my back (I was once told by another doctor not to worry about it). He explained everything very well and had it all taken care of within a week If he did not work on saturday doing this free service I never would have had it checked and died within 5 years. I wish more doctors offered their services free to the community like this. The world would truly be a better place!

May 25th, 2010
I was able to get an appointment about a week. I was worried about some skin discoloration, but glad to find out it was not a problem.