Dr. Carl Spivak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carl Spivak?

Posted on November 16th, 2016

Posted on April 3rd, 2015

He is the Best Doctor

Herniated Disc Surgery

Posted on October 20th, 2013

Thirteen years ago I was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my lower back which was pressing on the nerves at the base of my spine. At the time I ran 6-8 miles per day, a minimum of 5 days a week. I lifted weights at the gym at least 5 days a week and participated in two bowling leagues. Since the diagnosis, I've not been able to maintain my previous level of activity and could no longer run more than a half mile without excruciating spasming in my leg. Needless to say, my days of running any distance outside were over and forget about throwing a 14 pound bowling ball. Also, without warning, normal activities caused the herniation to become even more enlarged leaving me unable to move without extreme pain nor could I find a comfortable position to allow myself to relax. I've lost several weeks of work due to this condition, the last time occurred after I attended a concert. I saw Dr. Spivak's advertisement in my town paper, it was very informative and the detailed description of possible solutions motivated me to make an appointment. I liked the progressive nature of his procedures and the possibility of returning to work within a short period of time after surgery. Dr. Spivak ensured me the surgery would alleviate any future leg pain and, in time, I could return to my previous level of activity. Two weeks after the surgery I already had less back pain and even now, almost 3 months later, it's more just discomfort than pain. I feel that as time goes on, the symptoms themselves become less and occur less frequently. There is no doubt I feel better and I'm very glad I met Dr. Spivak. He is, of course, professional and a skilled surgeon. But more than that, I feel he genuinely cares for not only the physical but mental well-being of his patients. I'm sorry I waited so long to put these thoughts down, I think I kept expecting the pain to show up again. I'm very hopeful that my condition will improve and more sure each day the pain will not return. A work colleague said to me last week, "You look happier, what's going on?". I think it's that I have a more positive outlook on the rest of my life now, thank you Dr. Spivak.

Professional Accountant

Posted on June 23rd, 2013

It is not every day that you come across a person that has such an impact on your everyday life. I have a lot of appreciation for Dr. Spivak for giving me my active life back. I had back pain for many years but feared seeing any doctor because of the horror stories that I was hearing and seeing about back surgeries. I would just use the comforting excuse that it was lifestyle of breaking/training horses, running and raising three daughters until one morning I woke up during a business trip, to extreme pain down my left leg and the feeling of “pins and needles” throughout my foot. When I was unsuccessful of relieving this pain, after a week, I went to see a doctor and immediately was referred to Dr. Spivak. I was impressed and amazed that Dr. Spivak made a point to see me right away and explained both verbally and visually, the MRI showing that I had a disk extrusion between the L5/S1 levels of my lower back. Dr. Spivak eased my overwhelming fears with his comforting, caring personality and the expertise that he has. He performed the procedure the following week and continued with follow-ups, listening and understanding everything that I was explaining. His encouragement and support throughout the whole process has made a huge difference. I can honestly say that within 3 months of the endoscopic spine surgery, I was back to my extremely active lifestyle including running 10-15 miles per week, golfing and yoga without any medication! I am so impressed with Dr. Spivak and would recommend him to anyone with back pain. He makes a true difference!

Pain Management

Posted on June 21st, 2013

Intelligent, great Bedside Manner, fun but very professional, skilled, and IT WORKS, I don't want or need meds. HE HAS HELPED MY QUALITY OF LIFE!

General Mananger

Posted on June 7th, 2013

Dr. Spivak did a phenomenal job in regards to my back surgery, I have had 10 surgeries in my past and I feel that this was the smoothest procedure. I was very appreciative of his timeliness in regards to getting y surgery done, as well as performing the surgery in a manner which caused me no discomfort. I would highly recommend him to anyone. If a person is in need of the services that Dr. Spivak offers, you would do yourself a major service by going to him. I want to thank you again for your professionalism and execution of my procedure.

Best Doctor for Spinal Surgery!

Posted on March 11th, 2013

Neither my regular physician nor physical therapist could figure out why I was in so much pain. And everyone warned me against back surgery. Thankfully, I was referred to Dr. Spivak. He diagnosed my condition correctly; introduced me to the revolutionary new "endoscopic spine surgery" method; assured me he could solve my problem and that I would feel better. The surgery went perfectly, and four months later, I feel great! His manner is kind, concerned, and attentive. His practice is thorough and meticulous, and he will go the extra mile to ensure that his patient gets whatever they need to heal and feel better. A wonderful doctor!

Spinal reconstruction

Posted on February 28th, 2013

Thanks to Doctor Spivak's talent and his excellent surgical team, I'm able to walk and have a normal life after a fall left me with a crushed L1 Vertibra and broken T12 and L2. I consider myself lucky/blessed to have had Doctor Spivak on-call when my injury occurred. I feel that if someone else had been on-call, that my outcome would not have been so fortunate. He took the time to explain the damage and the required operation. His follow-up was prompt and courteous as he guided me through the long recovery process. I would give him 10 thumbs up if I had them, and I feel his future patients are very lucky to have him as their doctor. My only issue is that he is leaving Cooperstown area to practice in another state {Our Big Loss}!

Highly Recomend

Posted on November 14th, 2012

Dr. Spivak is fantastic.He thoroughly examined me and gave me a comprehensive and easily understood explanation of my problem. He took necessary steps to correct my problem and eventually performed corrective surgery (spinal fusion c5/6) The surgery went flawlessly with immediate results. I highly recommend Dr. Spivak as he has great bedside manner, caring, and is thorough, he is a highly skilled surgeon.

Dr Spivak

Posted on October 17th, 2012

FOUND HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL

Posted on August 8th, 2011

he was very nice and he did everything he could do for my back