Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl Thompson
Dr. Carl Thompson, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with other offices in Knoxville, TN and Fort Bragg, NC (and 4 other locations). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Hospitalist and Internal Medicine. Dr. Thompson is affiliated with Womack Army Medical Center, Turkey Creek Medical Center and Physicians Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl Thompson has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Carl Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.
Dr. James Keel III
Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine
Knoxville, TN 0.18 mi39
Dr. William Bolin
Knoxville, TN 0.49 mi35
Dr. Burton West
Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease
Knoxville, TN 0.49 mi46