Dr. Carl Vance Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carl Vance?

Great experience now for several years!!

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

I really feels like he looks at the underlying problem not just symptoms and then gives me a pathway to work on improving and possibly curing my disease. Thank you!

Great Doctor!! Thanks, Dr. Vance

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

Dr. Vance personally called to review results. Additionally, I receive an email with all of my labs with a note he has written giving additional instructions.

Great experience. Great doctor.

Posted on November 29th, 2015

I have always had excellent interactions with Dr. Vance and his staff. He truly is concerned about me and is willing to work with me to get better.

Posted on November 18th, 2015

Dr Vance is terrific. I was having serious of medical problems that no one could figure out. I had a friend who told me that several of her neighbors had been to him and he took the time to look at the whole picture, not just a single disease. Some of his recommendations were hard--you know, change diet, exercise, give up soda, etc. However, I have my life back!! I am so glad he was recommended.

caring physician

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

Personable and caring. They take the time to counsel.

Posted on September 4th, 2015

I really like Dr. Vance's willingness to try some unconventional treatments, such as Intermittent Fasting and HIIT exercise. He has helped me gain the best control of my diabetes since I was diagnosed, 18 years ago.

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

The best the medical field has to offer!!! Some people may be put off my two things with Doctor Vance. 1. The office has LDS materials posted. 2. Vance is very smart. What you will find is a doctor and office staff that live their religion and also would never push it on you unless you were interested. Second, Doctor Vance is smart. In fact, he is smarter than you. Doctor's in general can come across arrogant because they know more about the subject than you could ever hope. Personally, I like someone that is that smart. In fact, they found that I had a condition that I would never would have suspected and I was given preemptive measures that will save me medical costs and health issues in the future. I do not believe another doctor would have found this. Others may have complained but the truth is that Dr. Vance is the very best. The office has a history of ground breaking work. Idaho Falls is lucky to have this resource. I would go to no other doctor for this type of medicine.

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Excellent care by a caring doctor!

Posted on April 22nd, 2015

Carl Vance has the most repulsive and arrogant personality, and oes not know how to treat people. I'll never go to him again. BTW, I'm not paying you to tell me what a genius you are Dr. Vance!

Not the greatest

Posted on July 25th, 2014

Long wait in the exam room, followed by a few cold questions, then a long, very simple, lecture about thyroid function. I told him that I have been in treatment for my thyroid condition for many years, and am a biologist, but he continued with his very basic lecture. Strange religious materials in the waiting room with religious beliefs posted on the walls. All but one of the receptionists seemed like they were in their first week on the job. I have seen 6 endocrinologists over the years, but this one is the worst.

Is convinced that he has all the answers.

Posted on February 19th, 2012

I was diagnosed by another doctor as having thyroid problems. Working with that doctor and a surgeon, I had my thyroid removed because of thyroid cancer. After surgery, I was referred to Dr. Vance for follow-up. He is supposed to make sure that my TSH levels remain at the correct level and monitor the thyroid bed and medicinal end of the process. My surgeon still monitors for any physiological changes. After having my thyroid removed, I started gaining a lot of weight. I was concerned that the weight gain was associated with the thyroid and maybe not having the correct dosage of my levothyroxin. When I asked Dr. Vance about it, he said in his unconcerned way that it wasn't caused by the thyroid but things were sometimes uncovered with this type of situation. He then gave me the typical count carbs chart and sent me on my way. When I saw him six months later with still more weight, I again brought up my concerns about the weight gain. He asked me if I had been counting my carbs. I told him that no I hadn't. His explanation of how, a person can count carbs everyday for months and mess up one day setting themselves back two weeks, made no sense for me. In my experience a body in any kind of balance will hold that equilibrium much better than that. This means counting carbs doesn't put your body in balance so it is unsustainable. When I tearfully told him that I didn't believe that counting carbs was the answer, he looked at me, smirked and said, " How is that working for you?" I left and looked for a different doctor. Through that protocol, I am at last making sense of weight issues. I don't intend to return to Dr. Vance. He is supposed to be the lead doctor in eastern Idaho in thyroid care. In my opinion, he is arrogant and uncaring.

assembly line medicine

Posted on November 30th, 2010

Dr. Vance took an already stressful situation, and turned it into a nightmare. His attitude of 'worship me, for I am a doctor', and his refusal to explain why certain information was required told me that we wouldn't enjoy the process. This was confirmed when he told me he would not treat me, and required me to leave, so he could make money of someone else, more worshipful of his credentials.