A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carl Hartman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carl Hartman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carl Hartman, FACC, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hartman graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Hartman has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hartman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Anthem - 35 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Carl W. Hartman practice?
Dr. Carl Hartman practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Virginia Beach, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Chesapeake, VA and Norfolk, VA.
See Virginia Beach Internists and Virginia Beach Cardiologists.