Internists, Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Nashville Surgical Associates
2011 Church St
Ste 701
Nashville, TN 37203
615-284-2310
Locations and availability (3)

|  A fantastic Physician and staff. Simply the best!  |  show details
by Tom Burnett on Feb 7th, 2014

I was diagnosed with Hereditary Hemochromatosis at age 24. The first Oncologist I worked with did not explain what I had in store for the rest of my life. I began therapeutic phlebotomies immediately and after a couple of months began to develop arthritis in the majority of my joints. At 25, the pain was so new and overwhelming that I decided to quit my treatment. After 2 years of going untreated and researching HH myself, I decided to reach out to Dr. Willis. He quickly understood my position about quality of life and he sat down and just talked to me man to man. He told me to think of my Daughter and then decide how I wanted to proceed. As he told me, the arthritis will only get worse with each treatment, for the rest of my life, but if I do not stick to the treatments I would most likely die before I was 50. He saved my life. He is one of the most brilliant, humane, and compassionate people I have ever known. The entire staff at Nashville Oncology Associates are simply wonderful. Seeing Peggy's beautiful smile and hearing her wonderful laugh when I walk in the door, to talking with my favorite Oncology Nurse, Jane, the entire process has become a part of my life and I am so grateful that Dr. Willis and his staff are in my life. They are the best.