Dr. Carl Young Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carl Young?

Clinical Depression

Clinical Depression

Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.

Have you seen Dr. Carl Young?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2015

Excellent Doctor!!

Prior to seeing Dr. Young I had gone through several other psychiatrists over a 4 year period. None of the other doctors could get me stabled. One of them even put me on at least 8 different pills as if she was just throwing everything at me to see if something worked. I have now been seeing Dr. Young for 13 years. I had just come out of the hospital and he got me stable almost on the first visit. He listens to issues I'm having and tries to adjust my medication accordingly. I highly recommend him.

October 9th, 2014

saved my life

May 23rd, 2013

Excellent doctor. Great bedside manner. Helped me with depression, anxiety, and alcoholism.

January 30th, 2013

More Like A Judge

Dr. Young was difficult to reach in emergency situations, including being unavailable and providing no help when I required hospitalization. I could not even find out where to go. Fortunately, my primary care doc returns calls. Dr. Young was stiff and impersonal. He sometimes treated me as though I was stupid and other times would not answer my questions. When I had problems with medication he offered no help.

July 12th, 2012

Great Experience

Dr. Young was great. His bedside manner is very caring. When I spoke, he listened to what I said and "heard" me. He has a calm demeanor and is very intelligent. I'm very comfortable with his treatment plan and love that he took into account what I can afford with the frequency of visits. I'd highly recommend him!

March 21st, 2012

Exceptional Psychiatrist

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Young since 2000. He has many many degrees that reflects his expertise in diagnosing issues and re-diagnosing and recommending changes as needed. His CV is exceptional and gives you the opportunity to see why he is such a good doctor. He has a doctorate in Pharmacology so he is aptly able to prescribe alternate medication if you have adverse reactions. Dr. Young's bedside manner is warm, intelligent, and he impowers you to know your medical history. Dr. Young makes knowing new medications on the market a priority and is able to determine if they are right for each individual through thorough diagnosing. He goes beyond the usual questions to get to the root of an issue to help him understand the full picture of your situation. Unlike most doctors, Dr. Young listens to what you tell him how your body responds to prescribed medications. Dr. Young promptly answers emergencies questions and in 11+ years, he has never failed to return an emergency call. Unfortunately, they do not make doctors as caring as Dr. Young anymore. I could go on and on with the positives of Dr. Young. He is the best. And it took years to find someone as good of a doctor as Dr. Young. We will never change doctors. Although Dr. Young does not take insurance, his fees are less than you would find in my medical offices, and he treats you like a patient not a number. If you need extra time in an appointment, he gives you that extra time. Dr. Young is heavily involved in Pharmaceutical development, BUT do not think he is in bed with one pharmaceutical company or another. The Hippocratic Oath is alive and well along with a healthy dose of plain integrity within Dr. Young.

December 31st, 2010

Thoughtful, intuitive physician

Dr. Young is the most practical physician I've ever met. He doesn't make assumptions and actually puts time into a diagnosis, a opposed to snap-shooting one. Course of treatment is personal and involving. The best in Dallas.

November 6th, 2010

Recommended

I appreciate Dr. Young's expertise. He listened to me and understood more than those before. I am extremely grateful.

October 4th, 2010

Great doctor!

Dr. Young is by far the best psychiatrist I've been to. He clearly knows his stuff, and his unpretentious manner made me feel completely comfortable talking. It has been very rare in my experience to find a psychiatrist (rather than a psychologist) who will take the time to really ask questions and LISTEN. And he provided various treatment options. I feel so lucky to have found him!

April 24th, 2017