Surgical Specialist, Urologists
5018 Medical Center Cir
Ste 240
Allentown, PA 18106
610-770-9700
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  recent visit  |  show details
by paul on Jul 8th, 2014

Dr. C was most accomodating. Her office was unique and comfortable, unlike the 'cold sterility' of typical physician/surgeon offices. Her receptionist was helpful and afforded a timely visit. She took her time and gathered all appropriate medical information. Her office nurse was friendly and gentle. An in-office procedure was performed, and there was absolutely NO DISCOMFORT WHATSOEVER (during and after). She spent time explaining all findings after the procedure. I left feeling very satisfied with the results.

|  Poor bedside manner. Not very nice.  |  show details
by Bob on Feb 19th, 2013

I had kidney stones and my primary doctor referred me to this doctor for further treatment. She was anything but nice. After having complications I was admitted to the hospital. The doctors visits to me always seemed cold, callous and unfeeling. She always seemed to be in a hurry and offered little in the way of assistance in answering my questions. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a specialist.

|  Rude And Pushy Doctor  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2012

Last year I saw this doctor for kidney stones that I had to go to the ER for. I ended up having to have surgery and was admitted into the hospital for a few days and recovered from the issue. I initially saw another doctor on staff at LVHN due to Chiapella being on vacation at the time. My dealings with her happened post hospital as a follow up appointment at her office. Office staff seemed overworked and because of it did not have adequate time to speak to me fully. Doctor Chiapella was rude. She cut me off in mid sentence attempting to finish what I was attempting to explain to her. As she was leaving the examination romm I told her I had one more question, she replied "" Make it quick "" with an annoyed look on her face. I will never return to this pitiful excuse for a medical professional.

|  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

doctor Carla D Chiapella big creepy doctor my bladder does work because of her worst doctor ever don't waste time with any this doctors they all suck

|  jim morgan is my name  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2011

she was the best that i have ever saw . everyone in her office is so kind an they care about you. i no first hand.cause on july 27 2010 the good Dr. opened me up an took out a cyst that was on my bladder. an guys i must say if you have to get a cath put in the penis. this office is the best no pain at all. 1 to 1000 i give them my own rating an they get 1000. its been a year an i am pani free . i love them all with all my heart . thanks doc .

|  Rude  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

I saw this doctor because my primary was only able to find one local female urologist (as I had requested) to refer me to. The first appointment was awkward as she doesn't seem very friendly at all. I had already had a CT and an Ultrasound showing that I had hydronephrosis of my right kidney and ureter which was ordered by my primary. I told her I didn't feel the pain as much anymore so she told me just to go get another ultrasound in a month. When I did, the ultrasound tech told me that it had gotten much worse than last time and wanted to call my doctor prior to leaving the facility. She wasn't available. I left and called the office. Dr. Chiapella was in surgery so I left a message for her. At this point I was scared and didn't know what to do. Could I drink fluid? Is this an emergency? Am I risking losing my kidney by waiting until the next day? After a few hours I still did not get a call back so I called the office again. Later that evening she finally called me back. "Who is this and why are you calling me? I don't talk to people who don't have appointments. You need to schedule an appointment." RUDE. Later that evening she called me back after seeing my results in the database and then wanted me to come in the next morning. At first I agreed but then decided that this situation was scary enough. I didn't need a nasty doctor to make it worse. I didn't want to be afraid to ask questions. I went back to my primary and got another referral to a urologist I am now happy with.

|  Simply an Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2009

Dr. Chiapella is an oustanding doctor she is always there when you need her doing as always good job taking a good care of her patient. I have been her patient for almost ten years now

|  show details
Sep 15th, 2008

overall, very happy with the care provided by dr chiapella. aggressive in her teatment and takes the time to really discuss things with you.

|  goes above and beyond!  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2008

This physician is an excellent diagnostician and her follow through is consistant, caring and thorough.