Dr. Carleen Tylenda Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carleen Tylenda?

September 8th, 2017

Knowledgeable and friendly

I trust Dr Tylenda with my care.

August 25th, 2015

Dr. Tylenda and staff have been very coureous and prompt. However, I was given tests by a PA and was told they were a covered expense. $2000 later on a lab bill I was given the run around by the administrative staff and spent countless hours trying to solicit their help with the billing and coding situation with my insurance co.

January 8th, 2014

Avoid

During my recent physical, the doctor showed no interest in a couple of minor health problems that I had recently been experiencing (I mentioned some problems, she made a few handwritten notes, and asked me no questions nor provided any follow-up). I gave the doctor a form that I needed to have faxed to my insurance company in order to avoid an increase in my monthly premium. After two weeks, my insurance company had not received the form. I called the doctor's office and was informed that the form could not be located. After obtaining and completing a new form, and calling and emailing the office manager several times, I discovered that the form still had not been faxed. However, the office had submitted paperwork to my insurance company so that they would be compensated. The office manager lied to me about having faxed my form, refused to send the signed form to me so that I could submit it myself, and showed no concern regarding my pending premium increase. Last year, the office staff tried to tell me that they would not tell me the results of my pap smear test over the phone. They said I needed to make an appointment to learn the results. This is clearly unethical--doctors cannot withhold the results of a patient's tests. When I pointed this out to the office staff member over the phone, she quickly looked up the recent result in my file and let me know that everything tested normal. Good doctor's offices let you know these results via phone or mail without any prompting or harassment. This is a poorly run office with disinterested doctors.

May 31st, 2013

Poor bedside manner

When we saw he the office folks seemed stressed more than they should have been but the main complaint was the dr's bedside manner. She didn't have one. We know it's the competence that counts as opposed to the courtesy and sympathy shown but she was off on her stroke diagnosis (2 weeks or 20 yrs, she didn't know how long it had been) as well creating a lot of nail biting til we saw a neurologist who said it was perfectly normal for someone of my wife's age to have those images in a MRI. Nevertheless, we appreciated the fact that she mentioned it so we could to to a specialist. Still, her bedside manner was really lacking and she's been doing this long enough to know better. We've seen a lot of doctors over the last few years and have come to the opinion that a lot of them, after so many years of practicing medicine, are just disinterested in it now. Sorry if our pedestrian problems confound us but that's why we went to a female GP to begin with and we were looking for a little humanity too. Didn't get the latter, that's for sure.

April 19th, 2013

Excellent physician

Although Dr. Tylenda is not my primary I've seen her several times. She listens, asks follow-up questions and is extremely thorough in her exams. Also, she answers questions so you understand.

April 18th, 2013

WOW!

I had my first appointment with Dr. Tylenda today and I must say, I am very happy to have found her. I decided to find a new PCP because my last PCP was very abrupt and didn't take any time with me. Dr. Tylenda listened to me, sat down and spoke with me and I truly felt that she cared for my well being. It's hard to find doctors like her nowadays!

September 17th, 2012

Engnedering trust and promoting health as well as fixing what's wrong

A good part of being a caring doctor is being patient with the patient. I always have so many questions and, as I age, more things going wrong, complicating other issues and I need a bit of time to absorb news, understand treatments. It might be me that caused Dr. Tylenda to be a little late for your appointment and for that I apologize. But never once has she rushed me out of the office or given my worries short shrift. She has never talked down to me or held back on the science of the human body and I come away, every visit, even more trust in her.

December 24th, 2011

Brisk but caring

She knows what she's doing, no muss no fuss. Caring, thorough, and knowledgeable. Have not had a woman doc before (as a man) but she is someone I can trust.

September 26th, 2017