Dr. Carlo Bellabarba MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2016
World Class Spine Surgeon
Dr. Bellabarba has done two spine surgeries on me in the last five years: a laminectomy on my L4/5 and a three level ACDF. I'm 54 years old and a serious recreational athlete. He is careful, thorough, honest, and technically sophisticated. There is no better spine surgeon in the Pac NW. I owe my health and excellent quality of life to him. I'm back to exercise pain free. Thank you. The only downside is that you wait. He has a heavy workload and when spine traumas come in they take precedence. Small price to pay for an intervention that will determine the quality of your health for the rest of your life. I'll wait for the rock star doctor.

October 18th, 2015
L J Willams
I found everything about Dr Bellabarba, his team and Harborview nurses and staff excellent. I can not recommend Dr Bellabarba enough.

March 3rd, 2012
I am a long-time mountain hiker, traveling 5 to 15 miles a day. I not only had to stop hiking, but I also could, at times, barely walk. I was diagnosed with lumbar stenosis, a debilitating condition. Steroids did not help. Dr. Bellabarba performed a laminectomy and fusion. He thought that I might try hiking after one month. I did my first hike in one month. The doctor and his staff thought this was quite unusual, but I wasn't complaining. I am not "as good as new" - I think that would be impossible. I am in my late '60s and I had been expecting probably too much from my back for 30 years. Another doctor referred to Dr. Bellabarba as "famous" and I do no doubt that. Most back surgeries of this type result in little or no improvement; mine gave me 95+% improvement. I had feared being in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

February 18th, 2011
Good Doc!
c-spine diskectomy, bone replacement, and plate four years ago. Good doc, thorough,careful, listens to context, and did exactly what he said he'd do. If I had to do it again (not that I'd want to!), I'd go with the guy and his surgery team at Harborview. They even understood that I wanted to get out of there and go home same day - once I satisfied them that I was OK and wouldn't do anything stupid, they were good with that.

September 18th, 2009
Dr. Bellabarba Saved me from being paralyzed. I am so grateful and he is an excellent surgeon who did an excellent job on my surgery and gave me back my life! Thank you Dr. Bellabarba.

July 18th, 2017