Dr. Carlos Herrera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 7th, 2016
He's a great doctor
He did surgery on me for total hysterectomy and everything went well. He shows great compassion and he knows what he is doing.

November 19th, 2015
have to go cause we have no option
Okay my mother is a pt of dr.herrera for her cancer well went in for appt that was scheduled by his staff..and we wait two hours he goes in the room and ask why we r their and I told him well I don't know ur staff called us to schedule appt we dint request appt he said well theirs nothing new so that's it I said well okay so we have been here 2 hrs and that's all u have to say ...omg I should of never done that he went off at me about him just loosing his son I mean well sorry for ur loss and he said yeah u should be sorry all these pts complaining about stupid stuff and I just lost my son and I have to be here ..like if It was our fault or like if we knew..I mean as a doc it's not right to treat ur pat that way I mean I know he might be mad at the world but what gives him the right...I was disapointed..very dispointed..

January 26th, 2015
***RUN FROM THIS CREEPY JERK***
I am giving this so-called Dr. a star only because I am required to enter a rating. He does not deserve any star at all. Matter of fact I doubt his qualification credentials. Long story short... this man is as creepy as they come. I switched to his practice when I moved from another city at 30 weeks pregnant with my first child. He really seemed very friendly when I hired him. Thank God I was reading a lot and I connected with amazing women who advised me of my rights, expectations etc. I was stuck with him because I did not have many options with my insurance. Where do I begin... I could go on and on about this Dr.'s arrogance and foul behavior. Well, this idiot Dr. insisted on giving me an internal exam where he swept my membranes at 36 weeks without my consent or without even informing me of what he was doing. There was not one else in the room. By the way he had always boasted that I had the "perfect" pregnancy with no issues or underlying conditions. He later argued with me that he did that because I was "full term"... that would help me in delivering the baby. Who made him God and gave him the right to determine my child's birth before its time!!! After that incident he then disappeared and did not even leave someone to cover for him for 3 weeks. I found out he went of vacation. Are you kidding me! So... I sent papers to fire him. He tricked me to go for monitoring at the hospital where I would give birth and ambushed me where he yelled at me and "ordered" me and threatened to induce me because he said... I couldn't do anything about it. Whaaaat!!! Not on my body, or my baby, without any reason, without my consent!! I was an informed mama at that time. He did not win hat one, but 2 years later my skin still crawls when I think about him & his nastiness. This doctor is bad news!! Average wait time to see him is 3 hours for 7 minutes face time... for no reason at all. At one of my appointments he wrote me a script for antibiotics because I was sneezing... no discussion of condition, drugs & preg lady... His license should be yanked from him period!

February 20th, 2013
Amazing dr
Dr Herrera was my ob/gyn for 9 years. He delivered my two daughters. There is no way to describe how amazing he was- so caring, patient, understanding. Now that his practice has moved I have no idea what I will do without him. Truly one of the best doctors I have ever met.

June 6th, 2012
I have been going to see Dr. Herrera for over 15 years and will gladly follow him wherever he goes. Yes the wait is long, but he makes up for it during your appointment. He does not rush and walks through everything with you. I had preclampsia with my first pregnancy. He and his staff called to check on me weekly. I've had multiple surgeries with him and wouldn't trade any of my experiences for anything. Very personable and caring. I have and will continue to recomment him to anyone!

October 7th, 2011
I was referred to Dr Herrera due to cancer, and he performed the surgery. I am most pleased with Dr Herrera, except for one issue. Unfortunately, he has closed his practice and I have no clue where my medical records are. If anyone has any leads, please post it here. I would like my new doctor to be able to see my history. Thanks!

February 25th, 2011
DO NOT SEE THIS DR
I ALMOST DIED YES HE DID SURGERY . BUT THE AFTER EFFECTS OF IT AND COMPLICATIONS CAUSED BY HIM .. HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO TALK TO HIS PATIENTS. HE IS THE DR AND IT GOES AND HE DOES WHAT HE WANTS NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR YOUR OPINION. HE DOESNT WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU SAY HE EITHER WANTS TO DO WHAT HE WANTS OR YOU GET NOTHING .. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM AT ALL

January 21st, 2011
I have been Dr. Herrera for 8 years, the wait is long most of the time because he is very busy man. When the wait is long he has always had to leave to deliver a baby. The staff has always kept the waiting people informed and offered to reschedule. He is a wonderful man, very good listener and kind.

March 24th, 2010
no results
I went there a month and half ago and I'm still waiting for my PAP results,and when a call his secretary never answers the phone. But sure enough i already receive the bill.

April 10th, 2009
Dr. Herrera was the only person who listened to me when I was ill. He didn't hesitate to treat me asap. Would recommend him to friends and family.

March 27th, 2009
Likes to operate even when there's no need!
Dr Herrera is good at giving you an appointment; but be prepare to wait long hours! Yes, hours before you are called in. My sister who had recommended this doctor had warned me about the long waiting. She was right; but waiting is the less of the concern. He examined me briefly before concluding that I needed surgery. Immediate surgery as he said I had something" inside my stomach that was the size of a melon, that it was pretty bad. He scheduled my surgery within 4/5 days. When I asked him whether I should get some screening tests, an ultrasound at least, he said he didn't see the need and that I should trust his experience, that he was so sure of his diagnosis that I didn't need any other exam. I agreed with the surgery, but the more I thought about it the more odd it seemed to me. So, after being advised by sister and another friend, the very next day I went for a second medical opinion with another specialist. Please read: They did NOT find anything wrong in my stomach, nothing the size of a melon or any other size abnormal for that matter. In fact, whatever symptoms I had, the reason for me to see the doctor in the first place, were due to a totally different no serious condition which was confirmed with further tests, ultrasound, etc., My second doctor prescribed some basic mild medication that completely made a difference in my symptoms within weeks of the correct diagnosis. Today after 4 months of the wrong -near-surgery experience with Dr. Herrera my health is restored, thanks God.