Dr. Carlos Rodriguez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 28th, 2015
Good Review Here
Dr. Rodriguez & his entire staff are extremely courteous and helpful. Doctor spends more then enough time with his patients, explaining everything they came to him to hear & and learn about. He always makes certain that the patient understands what he is talking about. Never hurry's & before leaving that exam room, asks patient again if there is anymore questions that he can answer. Dr. Rodriguez & staff all have a great sense of humor & makes your visit less traumatic. Making apts. is easy, waiting time is extremely short, if any waiting at all. Dr. Rodriguez is a good doctor & I would recommend him to everybody. wc

August 31st, 2013
Jury is still out on this guy :)
Overall, nice enough. Didn't seem to be concerned about any of my symptoms. He's kind of a "take two aspirins and call me in the morning" doctor.

October 24th, 2012
Friendly, informative, and caring
Now a days in seems to be rare to find a doctor that actually takes his time with you. I felt extremely comfortable, considering the topic. He answered my questions and taught me the reasons. Dr. Rodriguez is professional, but down to earth. His office showed the same feeling. His nurse is amazing!!!!

August 28th, 2012
Dr. Rodriguez is the BEST!
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Rodriguez since 2004 and just recently realized a very good friend has been going to him for longer than that time frame. We all find him to be very thorough, knowledgeable, professional and never rushes us through our appointments. In response to "Chrone's Patient" comments..........you did point out one of the reasons why we like Dr. Rodriguez. If you have symptoms of concern, his office gets you in for an appointment quite promptly even though he seldom has openings in his schedule due to the demand for his services. The situation with "his office being on the phone with your primary care doc's office" sounds like a HMO problem to me and not that of Dr. Rodriguez. Kudios to his office for trying to help you out with the HMO logistics which is not really their job. I will say that we all like Dr. Rodriguez because he isn't in to giving lots of meds to treat symptoms which often just masks the real problem. He gives us valuable information about what we can do to improve our own medical conditions without resorting to "pills". Wish there were more doctors like him!Our advice.........looking for a great doctor, go to Dr. Rodriguez!!!!

July 25th, 2012
Chron's patient
Dr. Carlos Rodriguez and me.He had been one of my Gastroes in the 90's however this year,2012, I went back to him when Chron's got real bad. Pains in the abdomin, small intestines, colon and rectum. Fluctuating body temps, light headedness, achy & numbing legs and feet. Lost 15 lbs in a couple days and now at 131 lbs at 5'9", 48 years old. My primary care Doctor told me to call Dr. Rodriguez and get seen asap and not to worry about referral they will handle that. Got an appointment 2 days later, get there and his office is on the phone with my primary doctor's office discussin the referral yet he refused to see me. 5 days later he sees me and asked me why i think i have chron's disease. I was diagnosed in 1987 after nearly dying on my parent's couch. Dr. Rodriguez treated me for a few yeears in the 90's. He pushed in on my sore intestines and that was it. Didn't even put on a glove. Never had a Gastro yet that didn't stick his finger up my rectum. Have now. After colonoscopy he says your colon looks pretty, if you have Chron's it's a minor case however I did see ulcers and did biopsies on polops. Well the biopsies did show Chron's Disease and upper gi shows "numerous" sections of the small intestines are closing up. Thus, I probably need surgery. Dr.Rodriguez acted as nothing was wrong and I should be at work moving 800 - 1200lb rolls of paper, have my hands on, in a running press and balance on the press's frame work 10 feet off the concrete floor and over steel rollers or the running press units. If one's fingers get caught in the press's rollers it pulls your whole arm into the rollers. It would take 2 hours to remove rollers to get one's arm out of the rollers. Yet he refused to sign any insurance papers for my job. After the upper gi I called his office twice a day four days straight for the results. They never called back. I had to pay my primary doctor 50$ to tell me results 6 days after test. The results were sent the same day test was done. So then, behold, I finally get an answer from Maria at Rodriguez's office about results that it looks like i may need surgery and Rodriguez is going to refer me to a hospital 60 miles away. Another weekend goes by and now I am real sick so I begin calling for this referral. Finally Rodriguez calls and tells me everything goes thru my primary doctor. I tell him Maria in his office told me you were going to send me a referral to a hospital for surgery. He replies, Well listen to what I am saying to you! I sent a letter to your doctor... And I interrupted and said, Good You're Fired! My advice to my worst enemies and you reading this, FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR! This man has no class, no bedside manner, and apparrently no clue about Chron's Disease. His office says they will have someone call, I guess "someone" doesn't work there cause they hardly ever called back. Good Luck to you but keep searching!