A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carlos Romero:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carlos Romero is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carlos Romero, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Romero graduated from Universidad De Buenos Aires. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Romero has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Romero accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Carlos A. Romero practice?
Dr. Carlos Romero practices Surgery near Mineola, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Freeport, NY and Far Rockaway, NY.
See Mineola Surgeons.