Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. having affair with employee  |  show details
by Marly W. on Jun 27th, 2013

I was at the office seeing Dr. Alvarez when I over heard him telling someone he was having an affair with a former employee. The name he gave his lover was Florita. He was telling this other person( in the exam room next to mine) she works for an insurance company called Gem Care! I was baffled as this is my insurance. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He stated he was forming another life behind his family's back!!! Are you kidding me? I feel very sorry for his family and I wish I knew how to contact them to make them aware of his plans. I will never return. Unethical business practice. Does anyone know how to report this Doctor and to what agency? Last I checked it was illegal to sleep with an employee especially for a "professional" to do this. Sick man!

|  Avoid  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

Quack, bought my Dr's practice 2 and a half years ago and still couldn't tell you what the Dr looks like. He had a Nurse practitioner see all of his patients. After taking same prescription for numerous years the only Dr that wants you to come in every 6 months f before giving a refill, and I'm talking a prescription for High blood pressure, Acid reflux, etc (not pain meds) only so he can charge your insurance for a visit..

|  Don't recommed this Doctor at all  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

I don't recommend Dr. Carlos Alvarez at all. He's not the person that everyone thinks he does'nt really know what his doing. Was going there for hair loss end up giving me depression and thyroid pills did'nt want to send me with Dermotalogy. Then he wanted to put me in a diet witch that was not my reason for going there at the end he wanted to send me with the sycology he is the one that should go he's a real actor..

|  show details
Feb 6th, 2011

excellent experience, very knowledgable and thorough, caring sat and talked with me. I have sent many friends to him all have been very pleased.

|  Billy  |  show details
May 12th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Alvarez now for about 2 years and I really enjoy the staff. He is an awesome doctor! I have never met anyone that takes more interest in you as a patient and human being. I have sent him several friends and family members who all like him and his staff a lot. Sometimes you do wait but the wait is well worth it.

|  Valley Medical Group Inc is  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 8th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I am never going back to this clinic- bad service from the doctor, Alvarez and the staff that advertises services to hispanics, what a shame...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  he`s okay  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 10th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr Alvarez is an okay doctor. He doesnt wow me or make me feel like he really cares. He comes to the hospitals writes his orders and leave...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com