Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Nov 2nd, 2013

Happy with this surgeon, very calming and reassuring, pleasant, excellent outcome. Unfortunate his office is sort of a mishmash. Hard to locate, staff (that nurse ??) very messy and unprofessional, the other girl, the two don't get aong and it shows.

Dec 3rd, 2011

Wow what a great doctor! Really knows what he;s doing! And he treats you and your family like he really cares! He has a very calm way and makes you not feel nervous about the whole thing. And he actually spends time and talks to you!! Don't see that much! I would recomend him to anyone who needs a great doctor!!

Great bed side manner show details Great bed side manner
Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr. Alvarez made me feel at ease the moment I met him. He was able to diagnose my problem and offer options that worked for me. At the hospital, he comforted me and my family prior to the surgery as well as after.

Nov 30th, 2010

Dr Alvarez takes the time to make you comfortable with the procedure he is going to perform. He has a great bedside manner. He really seems to care about his patients.

Bi Lateral hernia surgery show details Bi Lateral hernia surgery
by J. B. Costello on Nov 4th, 2010

I recommend Dr. Alverez, He was a total professional. He explained my medical condition and told me my options. He also provided his recommendation. He then scheduled my surgery around my schedule. The procedure was done at Morristown Hospital (although he offered several alternative locations). The staff there were friendly and professional too. No one likes having surgery, but if you have to, my experience with Dr. Alverez was a positive one.

Don't Waste Your Time show details Don't Waste Your Time
Oct 21st, 2010

Ultimately, this doctor is terrible. He'll be light hearted and crack jokes, show off his laissez faire attitude and tell you that your severe problems are "not a big deal" and give you instructions including "don't worry." (Both direct quotes from him, not my words.)He arranged an absolutely necessary surgery for me, set everything up, and not only refused to perform the operation, but refused to even talk to me about it. More than two months after I was supposed to be done with the surgery, I'm still waiting to have it (with someone else of course.)Even you're stuck with him in an emergency, insist on someone else. It'll be worth it.

Doctor's Response

Ultimately, I believe this patient was glad to be "stuck" with me, since I was the only doctor available to discharge him from the hospital after the surgeon he did convince to do the operation (who also tried to make him understand that the operation was not in his best interest) left him in the care of someone more "laissez faire" than me when they left town (after requesting my help with the operation). I hope for this patient's sake I was wrong about this last operation being a mistake, but it was one of the easiest calls I have ever made. Perhaps we would all be happier had he found someone else the first night I met him, before I spent the next 2 months making sure he healed his horrible infection.

review -as a warning show details review -as a warning
by cousin on Aug 16th, 2010

an older male relative - had this doctor do emergency gall bladder surgery 6 months ago- the doctor was so awful - so mean so rude- would not call in other specialists -

Doctor's Response

Not everyone needs other specialists after they have their gallbladder removed, and in fact, few other medical specialists understand this disease better than general surgeons. I am sorry that you interpreted my reluctance to call for consultations, which would have added to the expense of your relative's care, as rudeness. Six months after the operation, it should be clear to you whether the decisions I made, without the specialists you needed consulted, were correct or not. By not reporting on how well (or not) your relative is doing (which is after all, the goal of any operation) you limit the value of your negative review.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by I McLaughlin on Jul 30th, 2008

Dr. Alvarez, was a compassionate caring, gentle doctor. I would recommend him highly.