Dr. Carlos Alvarez MD Patient Reviews

4.8

November 2nd, 2013
Happy with this surgeon, very calming and reassuring, pleasant, excellent outcome. Unfortunate his office is sort of a mishmash. Hard to locate, staff (that nurse ??) very messy and unprofessional, the other girl, the two don't get aong and it shows.

December 3rd, 2011
Wow what a great doctor! Really knows what he;s doing! And he treats you and your family like he really cares! He has a very calm way and makes you not feel nervous about the whole thing. And he actually spends time and talks to you!! Don't see that much! I would recomend him to anyone who needs a great doctor!!

March 22nd, 2011
Great bed side manner
Dr. Alvarez made me feel at ease the moment I met him. He was able to diagnose my problem and offer options that worked for me. At the hospital, he comforted me and my family prior to the surgery as well as after.

November 30th, 2010
Dr Alvarez takes the time to make you comfortable with the procedure he is going to perform. He has a great bedside manner. He really seems to care about his patients.

November 4th, 2010
Bi Lateral hernia surgery
I recommend Dr. Alverez, He was a total professional. He explained my medical condition and told me my options. He also provided his recommendation. He then scheduled my surgery around my schedule. The procedure was done at Morristown Hospital (although he offered several alternative locations). The staff there were friendly and professional too. No one likes having surgery, but if you have to, my experience with Dr. Alverez was a positive one.

October 21st, 2010
Don't Waste Your Time
Ultimately, this doctor is terrible. He'll be light hearted and crack jokes, show off his laissez faire attitude and tell you that your severe problems are "not a big deal" and give you instructions including "don't worry." (Both direct quotes from him, not my words.)He arranged an absolutely necessary surgery for me, set everything up, and not only refused to perform the operation, but refused to even talk to me about it. More than two months after I was supposed to be done with the surgery, I'm still waiting to have it (with someone else of course.)Even you're stuck with him in an emergency, insist on someone else. It'll be worth it.
Doctor's Response

Ultimately, I believe this patient was glad to be "stuck" with me, since I was the only doctor available to discharge him from the hospital after the surgeon he did convince to do the operation (who also tried to make him understand that the operation was not in his best interest) left him in the care of someone more "laissez faire" than me when they left town (after requesting my help with the operation). I hope for this patient's sake I was wrong about this last operation being a mistake, but it was one of the easiest calls I have ever made. Perhaps we would all be happier had he found someone else the first night I met him, before I spent the next 2 months making sure he healed his horrible infection.

July 30th, 2008
Wonderful
Dr. Alvarez, was a compassionate caring, gentle doctor. I would recommend him highly.