Dr. Carlos Arauz-Pacheco MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 7th, 2016
Best endocrinologist!
Dr Pacheco was very kind and understanding. He spent time asking me questions and answering my questions. He is the most knowledgeable endocrinologist that I have ever been to see. He was very thorough.

August 10th, 2016
I wish there was a minus star on the above chart. What a rude and uncaring individual. Did not listen to a word I said, diagnosed me and then didn't treat me AT ALL. No Rx, nothing. Thinking about calling the AMA.

May 25th, 2016
Great doctor however his staff is unprofessional and rude. One of the ladies in the front has a horrible attitude and hangs up whenever her unprofessional a** feels like it. If you don't want to be told off then DO YOUR JOB. When I called back to complian on her, I was asked not to return. Obviously the manager is not getting to the bottom of things (she never asked me what happened just told me not to return) because alot of other people are also complaining about the staff. So much for a manager over there. But I'm glad not to return, I will not pay to get that kind treatment.

October 25th, 2014
Two great docs in one office
Dr. Arauz-Pacheco was my fifth endocrinologist. The first three were total jerks. He is very kind and attentive. He practices general medicine still and looks at the whole person. That was a significant problem with my first three endos. He noticed a horrible skin disease on my arms. I'd already walked out on one dermatologist. He encouraged me to go to one he knew, which I did. Then, 10 days later I saw another derm at another med center whom I much preferred. Of course, Dr. A was thrilled that I actually found a derm with whom I could work. I see he has some complaints about his office staff. He was very seriously overloaded. He badly needed another doctor to help him. Finally, his old friend, Dr. Dan Lender, came into the practice to help him. I see Dr. L now, and he's absolutely terrific. They are the two non-dermatologists who have shown the most interest in my skin along with their terrain, my thyroid and diabetes.

October 11th, 2011
Great knowledgeable doctor. Always professional. Office staff nice and helpful. I have recommended this doctor to others and they have been happy with him as well. I highly recommended this doctor and have been using him for 11 years. Started seeing him by Doctors Hospital until he opened the location in Rockwall and this is where I go now.

June 21st, 2011
Doc is great. I had major issues with my thyroid and he worked hard to get me back on track. I would still be seeing him now, but I had more than enough of his office staff. They were horrible. I had insurance billing issues out the wazoo, because they continuously filed incorrectly. My prescriptions were never filled on time. My pharmacy would fax several requests only to get no response. At one point, this was so bad that I called my PCP and begged him to fill my script. I had issues getting appointments as well. Once, Dr. Arauz himself told me to schedule an appointment asap because I had become pregnant. His office staff did not see me until one month later. Doc found out and was surprised because he thought I had not done what I was told. Across the board, more trouble than what it is worth. This is unfortunate because he is a good doctor. If he were to get a new staff, I would go back, but not until that happens will I return.

December 30th, 2010
Are you a diabetic? See Arauz-Pacheco
He never gave up on me, always listened to what I noticed and experienced. He ALSO never avoided the truth, but didn't just slam into me with it. He expresses compassion at all times and compliments me when I succeed.When I ask detailed questions about medicines or symptoms, he is knowledgeable.

August 2nd, 2010
I have seen Dr. Arauz Pacheco for many years and love him but his staff is terrible. I am diabetic, use a walker, and was left waiting at the checkout for so long that I had to return to the waiting room to sit down,at the same time having a low blood sugar episode, which they did not seem concerned about. You can not reach anyone at the ofice for help. The staff did not file the insurance correctly for my blood work and I got a bill for something I never pay for. I refused to pay and their billing company finally dropped the matter after many hours on the phone. The staff is rude and very unprofessional, smacking gum and never looking up when you sign in. Dr. Arauz does give me the time I need but I do ask him to sit down so we can go over everything. He is very caring but it seems he is a bit overloaded.

March 3rd, 2009
really cares about his patients