Dr. Carlos Arce MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 8th, 2017
Dystonia Expert
Dr. Arce is at the top of the game when it comes to evaluating, and treating people afflicted with Dystonia. The life-changing results I witnessed him provide to a loved-one where complications-free and rooted in compassion. This is a great man. I whole-heartedly recommend him to ANYONE who is coping with DYSTONIA or to ANYONE who knows someone with this affliction. There is hope for improved quality-of-life. Don't hesitate a moment longer. Contact his office to schedule an evaluation asap. Life changing. Best of luck. "THE TIME WAITING IN HIS OFFICE" IS IRRELEVANT. You could spend "all day waiting" and receive your life back in exchange in the long run.

September 28th, 2014
Life Saver
I cannot tell you and your staff how much you have effected my life. I am and always be grateful to you and your skills. You are a very talented and experienced surgeon. I can type this message without holding my head and crying as I do it. Thank you again for the God given talent and the staff the helped me through such a difficult process.

February 17th, 2014
Back surgery
Dr Arce is a Very Good Dr .. Very compassionate , and last but not least .. He's knows his field and seems to be go above & beyond for his patients .. He did my surgery in 2009 and hopefully he has replaced his office manager ( Michele ) or whatever her title was . She was rude, seem to call back when it was convenient for her !! Just out right unprofessional !! And I even heard that other co workers in the hospital weren't happy when they had to deal with her !!

January 14th, 2014
Great RX
Caring, thorough, skilled. Did more surgery than planned. Would highly recommend.

March 11th, 2013
Saving me
Saving my Life. Thank you from keeping me rom being paralyzed from the C6 down. Your my Angel! I'm humbled & Speechless. After walking 5+ weeks with a broken neck it took you a few minutes to see the life threatened problems. Sending me straight to ICU. Thank You. Your hands $ Spirit created a miracle !

January 23rd, 2013
patient
I was origianlly sent to Gainesville and they sent me back to Jax to see Dr Arce advising he was the best at what I needed. The operation took 15 1/2 hours. It saved my life. Dr Arce was very kind, attentive, and gave all possible information and answered all inquiries before and many years after that initial surgery. I had multiple glossopharyngeal neuromas on the nerves of my brain. It changed my life forever but I survived. Dr Arce is honest, patient, kind, and caring, and a very talented surgeon! GOD bless him !!

February 15th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr Arce did my first back surgery in 2001 and it is now 2012 and I am just now starting to have issues with pain again. I am very confident in this Doctor and his abilities!

January 20th, 2012
selective peripheral denervation
I don't think Dr. Arce deserves the severe reviews given here previously. I have had his peripheral denervation surgey in 2004 and can emphasize with the going through hoops, travel expense etc. It is all part of it. In the former reviewer's case, someone had dropped the ball and did not obtain and record enough information about the patient's medical history and assessment. This is wrong and yes inexcusable, but not entirely Dr. Arce's fault. Not everyone is a good candidate but at least he will refuse the surgery for those particular cases instead of being unscrupulous and operating anyway knowing the patient may not benefit much. Let me say, this particular surgery for cervical dystonia is an extremely SERIOUS undertaking that results in many unwanted complications caused by the surgery itself. The total loss of sensation to the back of the head is SEVERE, and there is tightness and some pain one must deal with permanently. It requires a hard and very long recovery time. (Up to a year for the neck to regain full strength back) With that being said, however, it has greatly corrected the position of my head and allowed me to become close to 100% functional again. I can now go out in society without my head twisting way to the right and avoid all the social embarassment, frustration and struggles therein. Although DBS is now performed routinely is still in the experimental phase and not as effective for cervical dystonia as it is for generalized dystonia. This is well documented. It can therefore be a hit or miss and not everyone wants to live with an electrode implanted in their brain and wires running through their neck. The surgery Dr. Arce performed improved my way of life and saved me from a lifetime of botox injections which were not doing much after getting them for two years anyway. I do struggle with the unavoidable side effects of having this surgery performed but it was my best option and I don't regret it.The reviewer who called him a pervert should be removed. That is beyond stupid and should be totally ignored.

July 14th, 2011
Selective Denervation Operation
I had a appointment with Dr. Arce and he went through the tests and after 6 hours in his office he said he couldnt do the surgery because of some medication I was on that his nurse did not tell him about (she lost the initial paperwork). My wife and I flew our 8 hours to get home. He then told me to get off meds and he would do the operation after that in three months. I went off and jumped through his hoops like getting a pee test every week to make sure I was really off for the three months. I did everything he asked then when I called to make my appointment again they at first didnt return my call then a couple weeks later told me to send a video of what my neck was doing again. He looked over the video for another 2 weeks making it 4 months off my meds now and then told me sorry he wouldnt do the operation because I have 2 different types. I asked him if my video was any different than the first one that I sent him to see if he would do the operation and he said NO. I asked him why he now changed his mind and he said he was hoping that in the 4 months that one of my Dystonia's would magically go away. He should have never gave me this appointment in the first place since he knew that I had 2 different kinds and he should have also looked at the paperwork I sent in twice to know what meds I was on and his nurse should have asked him when I asked her if there was a problem with anything I was on and she told me NO. I spent over nine thousand dollars to fly there for no reason and left my kids with the babysitters for a week and a half just for him to make me jump through hoops then do nothing to help. Be aware that this does happen and to talk to him directly if there is any questions about and meds or anything because his nurse is useless. I have now done the DBS surgery and am doing wonderful. Ask your doctor about DBS instead of seeing him and if you can find one that does both ask them what they think about what he does. I havent met a Doctor that think that selective denervation is the way to go. If you are looking for a place to have this done call Swedish hospital in Seattle Washington. They did my surgery and did a wonderful job. In the long run I am very happy that Dr. Arce screwed me over and cost me that much money because in the long run I got a surgery that has a better chance of working and can be reversed.

November 1st, 2009
Excellent
Dr. Arce performed surgery on my neck in 2001 to release nerves and muscles that were affected by Torticollis. The surgery was very sucessfull. I had experienced extreme pain for several years before the surgery. I have been relatively pain free since the surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Arce to anyone who has a similiar problem. He was caring and very professional in manner and is an excellent surgeon.

May 20th, 2017