Carlos Ayala, MD
Video profile
2727 W Trenton Rd
Edinburg, TX 78539
(956) 631-4515
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  my experience  |  show details
by rollie on Aug 4th, 2014

I was looking for a DR to suture my ears so I can head to the military, about five years ago I began stretching my ears and had plugs in place, I went up to a double zero. Having looked around online I found DR. Ayala and set up a consultation, I went in staff was nice and friendly, DR went step by step telling about how this procedure can be done. The operation went smooth minimal pain and was very relaxing. Over all I am very satisfied with the results and I would highly recommend DR Ayala to anyone looking to have this type of procedure done.

|  wonderful!!!  |  show details
by Marin Garza on Jul 7th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Ayala for the past several months, and have been very impressed from his staff to his expertise. I was warmly welcomed and very efficiently taken care of by Dr. Ayala and staff with no waiting time. I would definitely recommend this practice with no reserve. Excellence prevails.

by Jack Folliott on Jun 10th, 2014

My husband saw Dr. Ayala with a problem that three other doctors had diagnosed and prescribed treatment. The problem continued and our family doctor, Dr. Salazar, referred me to Dr. Ayala. Within three weeks the problem was resolved and today I went for follow-up and the lesion had completely healed. I would be happy to recommend Dr. Ayala as I feel that he will provide excellent if given the opportunity.

by L. Garcia on May 24th, 2014

Dr. Ayala is amazing!!! I got a rhinoplasty and I was very satisfied with my results. During recovery I had small discomfort issues and he went ahead scheduled me to see me and make the whole process aS pleasant as possible. His staff is super friendly and they called to check how I was doing after my surgery. He makes himself available if you need anything. My overall experience was great!

|  Marine takes his hat off to the Air Force  |  show details
by Al wilson on Apr 14th, 2014

I Can't express how grateful I am. Cancer gone and a great job on the surgery. He truly has the gift. I highly recommend him because he truly cares. Thank you Dr. Ayala!

|  Rhinoplasty  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2014

Exceptional service, professionalism, attentiveness and concern! Highly recommended. Great staff. Doctor Ayala was able to fulfill the entire operation the way I wanted, quick recovery, and excellent results.

by Gonzalez on Feb 17th, 2014

Dr. Ayala is an awesome doctor, highly recommend him to anybody who may need his specialties. He's very quick to call us in there's little to no wait time, and is very courteous.

|  Tri-Pollar  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2014

I tried the TriPollar treatments and i was really happy witht the results, immediately after the first treatment i saw 2 inches come right off. Would recommend it to anyone who has not been able to achieve there weight loss goals.

by Thelma on Jan 20th, 2014

He is a very special doctor. He does not rush his procedures. He takes his time and he is very thorough. Great bedside manner and honest. He doesn't over do it on the Botox or Restylane because I have had both done with him. i am very happy with the results on all my procedures. If I had a question or needed something I was seen right away. I highly recommend this doctor. I have also had treatments done with the tripolar machine, both neck and Decollete. The esthetician that does the procedures for the tripolar machine is amazing. The room for the tripolar treatments is tranquil. The procedure does not hurt. Actually, its relaxing. The results have been great. I recommend the tripolar.

|  Total recommendation  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2013

Awesome Service and Profesionalism!!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Clifford " Gil " Howe on Apr 28th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Ayala for over a year due to shin cancer on my face. He was through in every aspect of his surgerial procedures and always had concerns about my desires and needs

|  Top Notch Surgeon  |  show details
by Very Satisfied on Mar 11th, 2013

I have served the Air Force for 20yrs and have seen many doctors during this time. Dr. Ayala, without a doubt, is the best doctor/surgeon the AF has to offer and he is going to be truly missed. He cares about his profession, his patients, and the mission. He explains everything in detail and is very skilled in his techniques. He also follows up in detail will ensure you are taken care of throughout your procedure/s.

|  Surgery Results  |  show details
by Stan McCloskey on Feb 20th, 2013

I'm not one to take time to comment but in this case I just have to let everyone know how pleased I am on the plastic surgery results. The surgery of my neck (corsett) was truly a success! No setbacks and outcome was better than expected. Minimal pain and discomfort. No noticable scars or revisions. Without hesitation, I will send anyone who needs plastic surgery to Dr. Ayala.

Feb 14th, 2013

Dr. Ayala is great! He explains things very well and doesn't dismiss your concerns.

|  Revision Septorhinoplasty  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Ayala is an amazing surgeon! I say this not only as a patient, but as a surgical technician who assists him in surgery. He truly cares for the well being of his patients. He is caring, kind, and always makes sure he has everything he needs to take care of his patients. I did not have to think twice about going to him about a revision septorhinoplasty because I have seen the results of many of his patients. It has been two months since I had my surgery done and the results have been great! I breathe better and my nose appears thinner! I got the results that I wanted and I couldn't be happier!! I would recommend Dr. Ayala to anyone because I KNOW what a truly amazing surgeon he is!!

|  Septo Rhinoplasty  |  show details
by John K. on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Carlos Ayala is the best doctor I have ever come across in my 18 year military career. I have worked around medical technicians and doctors before and know the demanding schedules, pressures, and patient workload. He is able to handle all of those demands with ease and still come in to work with a big smile on his face, spend time with patients to ensure they are comfortable, and fully understand what to do before the procedure. Dr. Ayala explains in ease to understand detail what to do before the procedure, what he will do during the procedure, and what to do after the procedure. During my procedure which was septo rhinoplasty, he repaired the damage I had suffered to my nose when I was 13 years old. At the age of 36 now I felt it was time to have the surgery done, but I did not trust just anyone to do it. After a long search (nearly all my life), I found the perfect doctor to do septo rhinoplasty surgery. That person is Dr. Carlos Ayala, he changed my life forever. I just had my surgery about a week ago at the age of 36 and I can breathe 100% better than I have in a long time, since I was 13 years old! I cannot thank him enough for all of his hard work, professionalism, and heart he shows me and all of his patients. He is a true credit to his profession and it is an honor to know him.

Nov 9th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Ayala. He is an all-around excellent caregiver with a comfortable presence. His genuine concern for the patient, time spent questioning, educating and instructing the patient, time spent answering questions and alleviating patient's concerns, etc. are superlative. I am very grateful for having been under his care and expertise.

|  My second Rhinoplasty/Turbinate Reduction Oct 2012  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

I had this surgery done I lived the majority of my life with these constant stuffy nose feeling. I was convince after attend a wellness training to deal with it. (that what man do.Right?) After maturing and learning the importance of sleep to your all around health i pursued getting a nose surgery to improve my breathing/sleep by removing any blockage from my air way. The is my 2nd surgery as my first Dr. wanted to be Conservative with how mach he alter to avoid doing irreparable damage. The 1st surgery improved my breathing . This second surgery Fix my breathing -CONS: I didn't follow timeline to begin daily flushing my nose with the saline kit provided on the day the Dr. instructed which cause annoying dry blood crusting blockage- I need to make 4 total appt to have the surgery (consultation, briefing, anesthesiology, operation) -- 10-14 day recoveryPROS:- I received a ton of information on how to prepare for the procedure.- I do not feel a "super" stuffy nose constantly.- I did not have to wear painful splints doing my week of recovery. which was MUCH more comfortable then my first identical surgery.After the 14 day the Dr. recommends you listen to your body and do what you feel up to. So... no specific restrictions but I was maybe 70-80% healed at this point and felt 90% normal. Their with be drainage/crusting as you heal. Continue using the saline nose flushing product as you needed during the healing process. I feel great 1.5 month after surge but the Dr. says I want be 100% for 12 weeks.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

Dr Ayala was awesome...I can't express to you how great of a doctor he was. I had a mass behind my ear removed by him. During our first visit together he was very thorough, gave his professional opinion and guided me every step of the way. After my surgery was over, he called to check up on me and still ensured everything was recovering properly during our follow-ups. Others told me he was the best and I've got to experience it...you cannot tell from looking at me that I had a mass behind me ear. Job well done!!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

For 10 yrs. I had this breahing problem.I saw doctor after Doctor and they did not or could could help me. That all change when I saw Dr. Ayala.He diagnosed my problem correctly in one visit,and what I liked the most was that he took his time to explainning what had to be done to my nose, and how long it would take to recuperate. He also indicated that the recovery was going to be uncomfortable. To my surprise there was very little pain with the exception of my ear.It's wonderfull to find a Doctor that would take the time to explain everything via a diagram and pictures of his past experiences. You see I had a colapsed nasal valve and could not breath properly.Thanks to Dr Ayala, I can breath and sleep uniterrupted and comfortably. Thank you Dr. Ayala

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
by Lynda on Aug 11th, 2012

Without reservation, I recommend Dr. Carlos Ayala, ENT, and as a Facial Plastic Surgeon ! After years of difficulty breathing due to a deviated septum, I thought I would give it one last chance for a doctor to examine me and see if there was some that could be done to improve my breathing. I had a condition from a previous surgery that I was told I could not be repaired, “pixy ear”. As a 35 year practicing Registered Nurse, I am very analytical about physicians and their practices. I did my homework. I searched the internet and researched Dr. Ayala . God Bless, Dr. Ayala, finally, a caring physician who actually listened to my concerns. When it came time for me to meet with Dr. Ayala, I was impressed! Dr. Ayala sat with me and my husband and discussed options and together we developed a surgical plan to not only help me breathe more effectively, but the ability to repair my “pixy” ear lobe. We decided on a septoplasty, and a mini face lift to repair the “pixy ear” and create symmetry for both sides of the face. Great decision!!! Now, I have an unobtrusive airway and a beautiful jaw line with earlobes instead of “pixy earlobes. Most remarkable was the mini-face lift procedure, it improved my appearance by years. At the age of 58, people often mistake me for being in my mid to late 30’s. Might I add it’s only been 3 weeks! I can hardly wait for 6 month. I highly recommend Dr. Carlos Ayala, ENT as a Facial Plastic Surgeon.

|  One of the best Docs that has treated me....  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I've been in the service for 19yrs. I'm also a professional martial artist and have competed all over the world. As such I've acquired some injuries that have unfortunately required surgery. In the service, I work in the surgical career field primarily and am also currently work as the hospital patient advocate. I therefore feel I am well rounded and experienced with customer service in the medical field. Dr. Ayala performed a balloon procedure with a synoplasty as well as a polyp procedure. From clinic to O.R. And back to clinic the service was first rate. Dr. Ayala's care for his patients ensures that regardless where he is at, his patients are taken care of 100%. If you are looking for an ENT surgeon I assure you, with him you are in excellent hands!!!TSgt DeAndre ScottUnited States Air Force

|  Most Wonderful Medical Experience I've had  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

I saw Dr Ayala at the Mike O' Calleghan Federal Hospital in Las Vegas in 2012 for Blepharoplasy surgery on both eyes. The procedure was exemplary, Dr Ayala is so wonderful at explaining not only the procedure but what will take place during the healing course. My results just after two weeks was fantastic and it's due to the great patient care Dr Ayala has given. I recommend this Dr to all those people who want to feel like a person not just a number.

|  Highly recommend Dr. Ayala!  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

Dr. Ayala did facial laser resurfacing on me. Wow, I LOVE the results! My fair skin was very red and blotchy from years spent in the sun. One session with this laser has produced incredible results. What I appreciate about Dr. Ayala is that he takes his time with me and seems genuinely concerned with my care. I could have seen other doctors for the same procedure, but I chose to wait for him to return from a deployment so that I could be seen ONLY by him. Love Dr. Ayala!

|  Very Thankful  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2012

My first impression of Dr. Ayala is he "cared" and was very "attention to detail" person. Prior to my surgery he reccomended I go get tested for sleep apenia because he believed I fit the profile for possibly having this. I had no idea prior to getting tested that I would be diagnosed with moderate sleep apenia.Prior to this surgery I have had two failed attempts at deviated septum surgery over the last 20 yrs so i was concerned that my nose would never be "right" again. The entire staff on the day of the surgery, including Dr. Ayala were very attentive to my needs and made sure I understood the procedure.. The surgery was almost 4 hrs but when I awoke in the ICU I really wasn't in a lot of pain like I thought I would be.. Overall, I am VERY, VERY pleased with the outcome of the look and function of my nose. It feels so good to breathe thru my nose again!!! Cudos to the Nellis staff and more to Dr Ayala to improving my quality of life.. I would recommend Dr. Ayala to anyone who wants a caring doctor and someone who is at the TOP OF HIS GAME!!! Sincerly, MSgt Chris Murawski, 555 RHS, Nellis AFB, NV.

|  Wonderful Provider  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

Dr. Ayala was a highly anticipated provider coming in to Nellis AFB and has certainly lived up to the hype! This was my fourth septoplasty and it went extremely well (compared to the other three) and he actualy fixed the problem. I didn't even need pain meds postop. He has extreme knowledge, immense talent and a wonderful bedside manner! I would recommend Dr. Ayala to anyone who needs his services! He's definitely one of the best!

|  In depth nose reconstruction success  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

At the age of 4, living in Russia, I broke my nose. Then when I was 17, during the end of the Soviet Union, I finally had my surgery to "fix" my nose which only consisted of removing a piece of septum that was in my nostril. For the past 10 years my nose has been crooked and my breathing growing worse and worse. I finally scheduled an appt. to see Dr. Ayala, who assessed my condition and noted a "bump" at the top, followed by a "dip" in the middle when looking at a profile of my nose. He stated that the surgery to fix it would involve breaking my nose, and possible adding cartilage in order to reconstruct my nose. It would be an in depth procedure, but he was confident that he could not only get me breathing through my nose again, but also make it look good in the process. After a 4.5hour surgery, I awoke to a nose that while not "packed" was slightly swollen and two black eyes which is normal for the surgery. Amazingly even with all the trauma of surgery I could already breath through my nose. While I did swell a little, but I was surprised at how little the swelling was, especially for a 4.5hr surgery. When the splint was removed a week later, we compared the picture Dr. Ayala had shown me before surgery, to what it was now. His picture was a mirror image of the final result. If you are looking for a doctor that seems to be a perfectionist, look no further. Although the surgery lasted 4.5hrs I'm sure plenty of time was taken to get everything "just right" and I have a nose that not only looks amazing, but I can finally breath like never before!

May 7th, 2011

Dr Ayala is patient centered and a skilled surgeon with excellant outcomes. I had bilateral upper eyelid Blepharoplasty and facial laser resurfacing done by Dr Ayala and am extremely satisfied with the results. I highly recommend Dr Ayala.

|  Love him!  |  show details
by Kisa Kindsvogel on Mar 11th, 2011

Super, super, super! An amazing doctor! I have Bells Palsy and have been receiving botox shots and a filler from Dr. Ayala for the residuals. He has helped me greatly in improving symmetry in my face, which in turn has helped me greatly in improving my self esteem. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable about what he does, but he also has a fantastic bedside manner. He is kind and sympathetic. Another plus is he doesn't guarantee things he can't do. He is very honest about what he expects your results to be. He does not speak down to you, instead treats you with respect. I could not have asked for a better experience. If you get the chance to be treated by him, it will be exactly that, A TREAT!

Feb 26th, 2011

Dr Ayala is the best surgeon. He is caring and professional.

Feb 26th, 2011

Dr. Ayala is the best doctor, he is caring and professional.