A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carlos Cardenas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carlos Cardenas is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cardenas
Crohn's Disease Patient Education Learn about Crohn's Disease and possible symptoms such as intestinal blockage with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cardenas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carlos Cardenas, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Cardenas graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Cardenas has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Doctors Hospital Renaissance - Edinburg
- Rio Grande Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carlos Javier Cardenas MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Carlos J. Cardenas practice?
- Dr. Carlos Cardenas has 4 office locations.
Dr. Carlos Cardenas practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Edinburg, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Mission, TX and Weslaco, TX.
See Edinburg Internists and Edinburg Gastroenterologists.