Dr. Carlos Cardenas MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 6th, 2009
Has Cost Me My Health and Agility
Like most surgeons today, Dr. Cardenas was too busy performing surgery to see me for the pre-surgery evaluation. That job is left for underlings and was a big mistake because his gastroenterology office didn't get the facts correct. Neither did he or his hospital get anything right. I told the facts as needed for the colonoscopy. They were not passed along. I can only think that since I was holding up the surgery line because Dr. Cardenas was not prepared for my sedation needs, he called in an anesthesiologist, whom I had never met. No questions were asked. I told the doctors I would rather have Versed with the Hallucinations instead of something new. I trusted them to do what was right. I was given Propofol even though I had many contra-indicators for its use.(I discovered this after the procedure from much research on Versed and Propofol.) If my charts had been read, they should have known not to use it. Instead I have suffered from the horrible side effects that come with the administration of Propofol. This hospital group gets an "F." Dr. Cardenas should be investigated by the Texas Medical Board along with the anesthesiologist. Doctors can't run hospitals and do the great work needed as doctors. I will never go back to a doctors owned hospital group again and truly believe they are not as safe because of my experience and of the experiences shared with me by others who have had miserable hospital events of their own. Check this group out carefully online and by asking others who have been at DHR in Edinburg.

November 7th, 2016