A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carlos Corvera:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carlos Corvera is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carlos Corvera, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
- Biliary Tract Cancer
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Corvera graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.
Dr. Corvera has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Corvera accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Carlos U. Corvera practice?
Dr. Carlos Corvera practices Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.