Jul 17th, 2015

All I can say is Dr. David saved my life. I had 3 aneurysms clipped. He took great care to explain the procedure and the after care to me and my husband - especially my husband since Dr. David could see that I was in denial. Dr. David's care and thoughtfulness is deeply appreciated by me and my family.

by James McIsaac on Jan 5th, 2015

I most strongly believe that Dr. David is perhaps the finest neurosurgeon in the United States right now. Simply the best. Unmatched expert knowledge of his extremely complex specialty, absolutely gifted surgeon, patient, talented, caring, thorough. He is the one surgeon too turn to when faced with this most difficult medical emergency. No higher recommendation can be made.

by Gail E LaVoie on Oct 1st, 2014

Let me just say that Dr. David is the most compassionate doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. I had a major brain surgery and all went well with Dr. David.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
Dec 24th, 2013

Dr David provided me with all the information I needed and answered my questions honestly and in a way that I could understand. I felt truly confident that my brain aneurysm clipping would be successful and I fully understood the healing process. I would highly recommend Dr David and am so grateful to him and his wonderful team.

The greatest in this nation!!!!!!!!! show details The greatest in this nation!!!!!!!!!
Oct 19th, 2012

Very loving and caringTreats you like his own sonTreats your brain with respectHes goodIs very gentle

Rathke's Cleft Cyst show details Rathke's Cleft Cyst
Dec 16th, 2011

Diagnosis correct and immediate. Surgery with minimal disturbance of right ventricle and no disturbance of the pituitary caused by the surgery. Excellent follow-up. The cyst was sitting on the optic chiasm, splaying the optical nerves. Complete blindness is the outcome if the cyst is not treated. I had lost 50 percent peripheral vision in both eye along with visual distortion making it extremely difficult to read, and, of course, with impaired peripheral vision. All sight restored! The side effects of the surgery occur because the cyst and pituitary share the same blood supply. Treatment means that the pituitary is suddenly "released" and so there are endocrine issues. In my case hyponatremia and hypothyroidism and high sodium. All of these are treated by an endocrinologist and are secondary and expected to subside entirely. Brilliant team of doctors at Lahey: otolarangologist - Romanow, endocrinolgist - Gary Cushing. Everyone at Lahey extraordinary in co-oridination of care. Neuro-ophthalmologist Athapilly is new at Lahey's and excellent in referring me for immediate care to Dr. Carlos David. I couldn't be more grateful or more pleased at the outcome. Dr. David has a great deal, more than ordinary, experience in this surgery.

Great! show details Great!
Aug 29th, 2011

I found out I need brain surgery the day before meeting the dr. He was very intelligent and professional but lacked a bit on his bedside manner. All said and done, he got the job done and I'm able to once again enjoy life!

Amazing! show details Amazing!
Jun 2nd, 2011

This Dr made brain surgery one of the easiest hospital experiences I've ever had. Now THAT'S talent!!

John Price show details John Price
Feb 5th, 2011

The worst experience that I have ever had. This doctor is heartless, rude and lives only by his own poor standards.