Dr. Carlos Menendez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 8th, 2016
I love Dr. Menendez. He is kind, courteous, caring and really listens to you. I recommended him to a friend and she really liked him too. His staff is great.

March 16th, 2016
BEST Endocrinologist for Type I Diabetics
Dr. Menendez is the absolute BEST endocrinologist for any Type I diabetic patient. He became my doctor when I found out I was pregnant in 1991 and has taken care of me for 24 years. He is the reason I have a healthy son, and his bedside manner is everything I could ask for.

February 26th, 2016
Dr. Menendez is the best endocrinologist. He is thorough in his evaluations. Dr. Menendez considers both traditional diagnostic tools (bloodwork, ultrasound, manual examinations) alongside the very real symptoms patients may feel in making his diagnosis and charting his course of treatment. He is highly regarded by colleagues and able to make quality referrals (I needed to see a reproductive endocrinologist as well).

February 10th, 2016
Great physician
A physician that actually takes time with his patients. What an unusual concept!

January 5th, 2016
We love dr Carlos Mendez.

December 3rd, 2015
I've been seeing him for 25 years. Need I say more?

September 23rd, 2015
Another Patient
I first went to Dr. Melendez years ago because of all the great things I read about him online. I must say, after years of being his patient for hypothyroidism, I am no better off than when I started. I might actually be worse now. I don't understand how such a high rated doctor could be just like all the rest, drawing blood, looking at numbers, and then, "See ya in three months!" I need someone who will be attentive and available when I have an emergency, and this office always seems to be booked solid, so I'm out of luck when the often arising emergency shows up. It was always unpleasant dealing with Virginia, the front desk lady, who looked at and treated me like I was some nuisance. It's easy for people to reject me like this when it's not their life that's gone down the toilet. Who cares? Who is my advocate? Is all that's left for me is to just sit alone and die? Another birthday has just come and gone, and I received a manifesto from this office which ended with me being asked if I should go to another doctor. I kind of already decided that a while ago.

September 1st, 2015
exceptional
He is one of the best specialists I have ever seen. Very knowledgable and always accessible.

July 7th, 2015
Same old, no results
Dr. Menendez is nice, but after going to him for 11 years, with no improvement in my diabetes, I had to change doctors. He only ever had me on Metformin, and only talked about other meds. Finally went to Dr. Jerome Fisher four months ago, he put me on new meds, and now my diabetes is in control for the first time in a decade.

May 4th, 2015
Has taken care of my thyroid problems for many years very satisfactorily.

April 16th, 2015
Years of Service
Dr. Menendez is one of the best there is out there. He treated my Mother quite some time ago and I am positive that he prolonged her life for many, many years. I'm about to call him to see if he will take care of my brother.

January 20th, 2015
Not pleased
Don't be fooled by all the great reviews. First, he does not take insurance. Second, the man is a pill pusher. He insists on only giving you brand name because he is raking it in. Third, of course he goes by how you feel, rather than tests, he does not want to lose you as a customer. Fourth, the wait is long. I was not impressed.