Pediatric Ophthalmologist

Braeswood Place
2855 Gramercy St
Houston, TX 77025
713-668-6828
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2013

HE DEFINETLY DESERVES A NEGATIVE REVIEW FIRST we waited for 1 hour and a half and When he finally did arrive he reviewed the nurse's exam results. All the work is done by the nurse, he just looked over her exam results, and told me to stay the course and book an appointment in 2 months. For this I waited over an hour? He was in the room for less than 5 minutes. He could have spared me and my son the wait and discussed the results with me on the phone. I have an extremely low tolerance for being treated like a supplicant by a physician whom I am paying for service. He does not explain you anything so Be prepared to leave with a lot of questions unanswered and to wait a very long time or find another skilled physician. worst doctor everrrr

|  An ophthalmologist who needs glasses  |  show details
by Candace W on Jul 25th, 2013

Dr. Gonzales spent 20 minutes examining the wrong eye on my son! He didn't even realize that he was looking at the normal eye all that time until my son pointed it out. He looked drunk or drugged up when we saw him in the office.

Jun 5th, 2013

He is VERY VERY rude, he treats his staff like if they are his toys. I Will never go there again, i was going in for a second opinion and all he did was laugh at me. Not kid friendly!

Mar 26th, 2013

He can be very disrepectful at times and threaten his patients. He has a different way of communicating that I don't understand but as far as his knowledge of his profession and handling with children he is good.

|  Great Experience and Outcome  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

We are very satisfied with our experience with Dr. Gonzales and his staff. He had excellent bedside manner. He shook my hand and interacted with my children, which for me - is what I look for in a doctor. He made us feel at ease and comfortable, which in turn made my daughter feel comfortable when it came time to perform her surgery. She is four years old and was diagnosed with a "Chalazion" (clogged oil gland) that was growing larger and not going away on it's own. On the day of surgery, the doctors and nurses at the surgery center were so sweet and endearing towards her. They really had a great way of showing and explaining what was going on to her, so as not to make her feel afraid. She was not scared at all the entire time they were prepping her. I was impressed that the office called to check on her the very next day of her surgery. I thought that was very nice and considerate of them. It's been almost a week since her surgery, and her eyelid is healing very nicely. I think there will be very minimal scarring if any at all. Dr. Gonzales did an excellent job. I would recommend him to anyone with children.

|  Great Pediatric Ophthalmologist/Eye Doctor  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Gonzales is very experienced in his field and I have been told by second opinion doctors that he is well respected in the medical community. He is fabulous with children and makes them feel at easy. My daughter has been seeing Dr. Gonzales since she was an infant. Even though he is conservative in his recommendations and treatment plans, my daughter recently had surgery and I could not have asked for a smoother process. Dr. Gonzales gave my daughter and I reassurance prior to the surgery and made a point to visit me in the waiting room immediately following surgery. Dr. Gonzales comes highly recommended and I would pass on this recommendation to any parent looking for a wonderful pediatric ophthalmologist.

|  Long wait and poor people skills  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

My son was diagnosed with strabismus/accomodative esotropia. Dr. Gonzales usually leaves the patients waiting for a long time in the waiting room. On the day of our last visit, Dr. Gonzales' office called me saying that they could not see us at 4pm as originally scheduled and asked us to come at 3pm. We arrived promptly at 2:55pm just to wait until 4:30pm.Once we were called into the examine room, Dr. Gonzales quickly looked at my son and asked me if he was still crossing his eyes. I said "Yes, all the time." He put a flashlight on my son's eyes and said I don't see it. I showed him several pictures I captured from my son during the previous week showing my son's eyes crossing in a terrible way. Dr. Gonzales said my camera was probably broken. He told us to keep patching his eyes and asked us to come back in 3 months. So, for this 5 minutes conversation he charges over $300. We don't know if my son's myopia progressed and if he needs glasses (his pre-k teacher believe he does because it seems like he is not seeing objects close to him).My wife and I decided to look for other doctors. Any recommendations?

Mar 5th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Wonderful Doctor: Dr. Gonzales is a wonderful person he has helped my daughter tremendously if your child has an eye problem take them to Dr. Gonzales.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Aug 15th, 2005 on yahoo.com

get with little kids: My 6 year old loves going to Gonzales. Started at age 2. Even when not having eye problems....she wants to go see him. He has done 2 eye surgeries on my 6 year old. As the parent....he is great talking to you and takes his time with

Read Full Review at yahoo.com