Dr. Carlos Guerra MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 19 reviews

January 25th, 2016
Psychiatry Done Right
I started seeing Dr. Guerra about 20 yrs ago when I was 14. I wasnt at all happy about it then, in fact I hated everything about it. I was put by my parents in Spring shadows glen. What I can remember about it all though is that I didnt ever have a problem going to see Dr. Guerra because for some reason this guy listened to me. He has ALWAYS!! I had to experience through the years with different meds and had lots of trouble as a teen and even through my early 20's he never got frustrated or doubtful and even found the right medicine for me which I am still on to this day. I havent been able to see Dr. Guerra since I lost my insurance 10 years ago, but I was filing for disibility a couple months ago and was able to get a hold of him through email to see if there was any possible way to get in medical records on me after all this time. He knew exactly who I was and went above and beyond being helpful for me. You cant say that about most Doctors. He is brilliant at what he does and knows his stuff and helped me through some very difficult times.

February 26th, 2015
a good doctor
I was sad when I got a phone call from his office saying he had sold his practice to a new dr at that location. I like how upbeat he is and how much energy he has. He even answered emails (within hours) if i had questions between my appointment dates.The only issue I ever had was that some of the office staff REALLY didn't like their job and could care less if patients knew about it. You'll have to call that office to see where he is located right now (still somewhere in houston, I think) but you can get an appointment with the new dr who now owns that office.

February 9th, 2015
Great with me and my two boys!!

December 22nd, 2014
Impossible to reach.. I don't even get answering machine any more just hangs up on you or after going thru all the promps has afast busy signal. I have tried calling for days no way to get thru.. I dont know how he is going to contue business this way.

August 4th, 2014
This website stated you take Medicare. I called to schedule an appointment and was informed you do not accept Medicare. I've been on a long quest trying to find a psychiatrist to see my sister who has multiple disabilities and have not been able to locate one that takes Medicare. Many state on websites like this that they do but in reality they don't. It's very frustrating. If you have any recommendations it would be most appreciated.

January 3rd, 2014
Top provider
My daugher has complex psychiatric issues and has seen Dr. Guerra for years. In my opinion, he is the best child psychiatrist in the Houston area, and one of the few I would trust with my children. I have heard from more than one medical doctor in the Houston area that he is a "doctor's doctor" - ie, one of the few they would send their children to should the need arise. With respect to comments about accessibility, I will note we have had multiple crises over the years with our daughter, and in each and every instance we have been able to get hold of Dr. Guerra very quickly, even if it is late in the evening or on the weekend. We have found him to be incredibly responsive. I recommend him highly.

June 14th, 2013
Dr. Guerra appears to be a very capable and nice man however he double books patience and at the most you may get 10 minutes with him. He always appears distracted and not focused on you during that time and is very eager to get you out and the next patient in. You will most likely be pawned off onto an intern after visiting with him 3 times, then he will completely forget about you. I was a patient of his for almost 2 years when after my 3rd visit I never saw him again. On my last visit when I asked to speak with him his billing manager Melinda Helm told me, "He will never talk you". The day of my last visit I found him discussing my private information in a crowded hallway with Melinda with other patients around. This is a direct violation of my HIPA rights. He told me he did not know who I was, his staff is rude and unfriendly. They actually seem to be scared and miserable because of the "Bull in the china cabinet" Melinda I always found screaming at them with every visit. I feel bad for that staff, I have seen and heard them be treated so unprofessionally. Don't waste your time on him, he will take your money, slip you some scripts, send you out the door, and discard you later.

November 4th, 2012
"Simply the Best
Better than all the rest."

August 19th, 2012
The office staff is horrible, the office manager is the worst of all. On the first visit we met with the Dr. but after that we only met with the nurse practitioner, With this Dr. it is all about the money, he could care less about the patient. Having a kid that suffered with more that ADD, we felt the doctor did not spend enough time diagnosing in person but only using the extensive questionnaires to do his job for him.

February 7th, 2012
Dr. Guerra and staff are amazing!!!! They took the time to sit me down and talk to me and really hear what I had to say. The office staff was very nice to me as was everyone else that worked there. I highly recommend Dr. Guerra because he takes his time and doesn't rush anything and tries to get to know you so he understand where you are coming from and what is really wrong with you if anything.

January 30th, 2012
Disorganized Staff
Dr. Guerra and the other doctors that work for him are great, his staff in the front office is not. It is extremely hard to get someone on the phone for a follow-up appointment or prescription refill, and I have had several appointments rescheduled on me and on two occasions they put me down for 2 dates and tried to charge me for not showing up on one of the dates. It seems like no one really knows what is going on.

January 27th, 2012