A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carlos Lugo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carlos Lugo is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carlos Lugo, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Lugo graduated from University of California at Irvine.
Dr. Lugo has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center
- Casa Colina Hospital for Rehabilitation Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lugo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans