Dr. Carlos Manrique De Lara MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Edinburg, TX

no change

June 24th, 2016
Great lasik procedure
Dr. Manrique did my lasik procedure very quickly and I noticed instant results. Dr. Manrique and his staff are very nice and made my entire experience really good.

June 15th, 2016
Top notch
Every time I walk into Manrique Custom Vision, I'm treated as a VIP!!! I've seen nothing but smiles & I can't say enough positive things about everyone here!!

June 14th, 2016
Excellent surgeon and amazing customer service
This is by far one of the best customer service experience I've had. It completely matches the results I got from my surgery. Dr. Manrique is friendly, thorough in his explanation and his staff made me feel at ease. Highly recommend him to my family.

May 31st, 2016
So far very good...
This was my visit before surgery. Staff is very friendly, they explained everything and answered all my questions. Haven't had surgery can't rate everything yet. Hopefully they will continue with 5 stars.

April 13th, 2016
Writer
I'm not one to write about reviews but I've been plotting on getting my eye sight corrected, I have visited few Dr.'s that do corrective vision from state to state and so far I narrow it down to 7 doctors, most don't print out there bad reviews due to publicity and disappointments on the results on eye surgery. My first day there was pleasant and professional however found it most costly than other places and there is a non-refund charge. I'm getting it done after 7 yrs in waiting and will post my results in 2 days. Oh "I'm getting the blend surgery". I'm near sighted and I would like to see with out my glasses again. One more thing all other Dr.'s have a free follow up visit after 12 months, which I will question on visits for reference.

April 2nd, 2016
Mrs.
Very friendly staff members especially on the day of the procedure. Dr. Manrique is very nice. I have had 3 people who are interested in the procedure.

January 16th, 2016
Surgery
I had a very good experience and it was very quick and painful

December 18th, 2015
The staff is friendly you get treated like a VIP, staff is very professional.The staff and Dr Manrique explain thoroughly what's going on and what's going to happen during and after surgery.

June 7th, 2015
GET A SECOND OPINION ... Just cuz he does lots doesn't mean he's good - just good marketing
It's easy getting in. However, BE CAREFUL. I had pretty bad vision going in and I was impressed upon by a technician to do the "Blended" Lasik procedure. Blended equals one eye is supposedly for up close work (reading, phone, etc) and the other is distance. HUGE FREAK'N mistake. I think I know why they do this ... cuz they will adjust the "close" eye for an additional $400 within 12 months of your procedure if you don't like it - just more money for them. Do I need glasses at all times anymore ... honestly, no. Do I still need glasses at other rather important times (like driving [especially at night], squinting while walking through grocery store reading aisle signs, squinting at 65" plasma TV trying to read the Cable Guide titles, etc etc etc, etc) .. oh snap, yeah I do need glasses. So I guess my procedure just let me get THINNER glasses but I still need them. Also my follow ups have been - Oh this is normal, don't worry you'll "heal" just fine, this will go away, this is normal ... I've never once seen Dr. Manrique during these follow ups. My last followup the MD doing the followup session that day mentioned "correction" but mumbled under her breath, and I quote, "Assuming there is enough tissue left ..." but Dr. Manrique would have to make that determination. The operation was interesting as well. I was the first one in that morning. They estimate 7-10 minutes on the table. Very true estimate ... didn't take long at all. The guy outside doing the patient prepping said "You'll feel only a slight amount of pressure on your eyes during the whole procedure. Some people literally feel nothing." When he (this is the only time I saw Dr. Manrique ..) started on my right eye I think he was trying to push my right eye through the back of my skull. Thank goodness they had put the pain drops in my eye before hand. I can't tell when how uncomfortable it was. I verbally had to complain and ask why so much pressure. He got snippy with me for complaining. When he did my left eye, guess what, he got the message and it was tolerable. No explanation, no apology, nothing. They took my picture with him after the procedure and quickly pushed me out the door for the next patient. So you won't meet with Dr. Manrique, you meet with his marketing people first, then a non-MD'ed technician, then a Dr. of some sort ONCE, then appointment specialist, then Dr. Manrique who does operation, then followups without Dr. Manrique. Being the Lasik Doctor for the sports industry in San Antonio doesn't mean anything compared to your vision and getting it done right.

October 22nd, 2014
Amazed with new vision
I had the most pleasant experience in this office. the staff was great in informing and meeting the doctor was a delight. after wearing contacts for over 15 years, this has truly been a blessing to see with my own eyes! Best eye doctor ever! definitely recommend him with my friends!

May 14th, 2014
Best Decision Ever
One of the greatest decisions I've ever made. Absolutely worth it! It's like Dr. Manrique has put a spotlight on the entire world for me. The staff was very professional and they made me feel relaxed. Thank you!

August 20th, 2013
My wife recently had eye surgery with Manrique and looks like she is having many complications as a result. Can't drive at night, sees halo and has frequent headaches Avoid Manrique he is up for the money.