Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Amazed with new vision  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2014

I had the most pleasant experience in this office. the staff was great in informing and meeting the doctor was a delight. after wearing contacts for over 15 years, this has truly been a blessing to see with my own eyes! Best eye doctor ever! definitely recommend him with my friends!

|  Best Decision Ever  |  show details
May 14th, 2014

One of the greatest decisions I've ever made. Absolutely worth it! It's like Dr. Manrique has put a spotlight on the entire world for me. The staff was very professional and they made me feel relaxed. Thank you!

|  RUN RUN RUN  |  show details
by Never Again on Aug 22nd, 2013

Billed my insurance company for services I did not receive. Now is threatening to send me to collections if I do not pay the bogus charges. I am filing a complaint with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.

|  show details
Aug 20th, 2013

My wife recently had eye surgery with Manrique and looks like she is having many complications as a result. Can't drive at night, sees halo and has frequent headaches Avoid Manrique he is up for the money.

|  Former Patient  |  show details
by Victor Ramirez on Jun 5th, 2013

Carlos Manrique pathetically offered me $1000 to waive my rights to sue him in order to shut me up after a disaster surgery that left me legally blind from my right eye. As we all know the surgery cost over $4000. Now I see double, halos, dry-eye, headache, nausea, in need of a cornea transplant, etc. I filed a complaint with the Medical Board. This is not a difficult process. I ask anyone needing help with the complaint process to call me at 956-465-8154. I am willing to visit with people so that we can prevent this man from butchering anymore corneas.

|  Be careful, avoid Dr. Manrique  |  show details
May 14th, 2013

I had very bad experience with Dr. Manrique. I had lasik eye surgery with him, the surgery failed, i see duble lines, I can not drive at night. My left eye was fine but he did unnecessary lasik on the left eye just to charge me extra $2250. I had another consultation with another doctor and I was shocked, I have to redo the surgery on my right eye and the flap he did failed. He is doing a lot of misleading advertisements to attract more poor patients, I checked his public record at Texas medical board, he had a disciplinary action against him and I am filing a complain against him to the medical board along with a law suit. I recommend any patient to check this guy online before he fall in his trap. He has no morals and very greedy, he changed my life to the worst and I am wearing glasses again waiting for the second doctor to fix what that greedy did to me.

|  beware  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

wait time for me has never been less than 2 hours. I was there for an astonishing 6 hours my last appointment. Long story short i had lasik surgery almost a year ago and now i see two moons, four brakelights, pretty much double of any light source. Cant watch tv,cant read books, i even see two of every letter on the keyboard on my phone. Do yourself a favor and shop around before you make a decision about your eyes that will last the rest of your life. Oh and by the way, Dr manrique said there was nothing to do to fix my problem. He couldn't even tell ny why i see double.

|  show details
Nov 24th, 2010

My mother had surgery with you and was left on the surgery table so you could do another person and the other person wasn't even an emergency. My mother has nothing put pain since that incident. You will hear from our attorney

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Best Lasik Surgeon in South Texas  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Jan 6th, 2009

I had Lasik with him about 10 years ago, and I keep sending all family and friends through all these years.