Writer show details Writer
by Cathy on Apr 13th, 2016

I'm not one to write about reviews but I've been plotting on getting my eye sight corrected, I have visited few Dr.'s that do corrective vision from state to state and so far I narrow it down to 7 doctors, most don't print out there bad reviews due to publicity and disappointments on the results on eye surgery. My first day there was pleasant and professional however found it most costly than other places and there is a non-refund charge. I'm getting it done after 7 yrs in waiting and will post my results in 2 days. Oh "I'm getting the blend surgery". I'm near sighted and I would like to see with out my glasses again. One more thing all other Dr.'s have a free follow up visit after 12 months, which I will question on visits for reference.

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Rosalinda Salazar Garza on Apr 2nd, 2016

Very friendly staff members especially on the day of the procedure. Dr. Manrique is very nice. I have had 3 people who are interested in the procedure.

Surgery show details Surgery
by Ailyn Amaya on Jan 16th, 2016

I had a very good experience and it was very quick and painful

by Juan Reyes on Dec 18th, 2015

The staff is friendly you get treated like a VIP, staff is very professional.The staff and Dr Manrique explain thoroughly what's going on and what's going to happen during and after surgery.

GET A SECOND OPINION ... Just cuz he does lots doesn't mean he's good - just good marketing show details GET A SECOND OPINION ... Just cuz he does lots doesn't mean he's good - just good marketing
Jun 7th, 2015

It's easy getting in. However, BE CAREFUL. I had pretty bad vision going in and I was impressed upon by a technician to do the "Blended" Lasik procedure. Blended equals one eye is supposedly for up close work (reading, phone, etc) and the other is distance. HUGE FREAK'N mistake. I think I know why they do this ... cuz they will adjust the "close" eye for an additional $400 within 12 months of your procedure if you don't like it - just more money for them. Do I need glasses at all times anymore ... honestly, no. Do I still need glasses at other rather important times (like driving [especially at night], squinting while walking through grocery store reading aisle signs, squinting at 65" plasma TV trying to read the Cable Guide titles, etc etc etc, etc) .. oh snap, yeah I do need glasses. So I guess my procedure just let me get THINNER glasses but I still need them. Also my follow ups have been - Oh this is normal, don't worry you'll "heal" just fine, this will go away, this is normal ... I've never once seen Dr. Manrique during these follow ups. My last followup the MD doing the followup session that day mentioned "correction" but mumbled under her breath, and I quote, "Assuming there is enough tissue left ..." but Dr. Manrique would have to make that determination. The operation was interesting as well. I was the first one in that morning. They estimate 7-10 minutes on the table. Very true estimate ... didn't take long at all. The guy outside doing the patient prepping said "You'll feel only a slight amount of pressure on your eyes during the whole procedure. Some people literally feel nothing." When he (this is the only time I saw Dr. Manrique ..) started on my right eye I think he was trying to push my right eye through the back of my skull. Thank goodness they had put the pain drops in my eye before hand. I can't tell when how uncomfortable it was. I verbally had to complain and ask why so much pressure. He got snippy with me for complaining. When he did my left eye, guess what, he got the message and it was tolerable. No explanation, no apology, nothing. They took my picture with him after the procedure and quickly pushed me out the door for the next patient. So you won't meet with Dr. Manrique, you meet with his marketing people first, then a non-MD'ed technician, then a Dr. of some sort ONCE, then appointment specialist, then Dr. Manrique who does operation, then followups without Dr. Manrique. Being the Lasik Doctor for the sports industry in San Antonio doesn't mean anything compared to your vision and getting it done right.

Amazed with new vision show details Amazed with new vision
Oct 22nd, 2014

I had the most pleasant experience in this office. the staff was great in informing and meeting the doctor was a delight. after wearing contacts for over 15 years, this has truly been a blessing to see with my own eyes! Best eye doctor ever! definitely recommend him with my friends!

Best Decision Ever show details Best Decision Ever
May 14th, 2014

One of the greatest decisions I've ever made. Absolutely worth it! It's like Dr. Manrique has put a spotlight on the entire world for me. The staff was very professional and they made me feel relaxed. Thank you!

Aug 20th, 2013

My wife recently had eye surgery with Manrique and looks like she is having many complications as a result. Can't drive at night, sees halo and has frequent headaches Avoid Manrique he is up for the money.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Be careful, avoid Dr. Manrique show details Be careful, avoid Dr. Manrique
May 14th, 2013

I had very bad experience with Dr. Manrique. I had lasik eye surgery with him, the surgery failed, i see duble lines, I can not drive at night. My left eye was fine but he did unnecessary lasik on the left eye just to charge me extra $2250. I had another consultation with another doctor and I was shocked, I have to redo the surgery on my right eye and the flap he did failed. He is doing a lot of misleading advertisements to attract more poor patients, I checked his public record at Texas medical board, he had a disciplinary action against him and I am filing a complain against him to the medical board along with a law suit. I recommend any patient to check this guy online before he fall in his trap. He has no morals and very greedy, he changed my life to the worst and I am wearing glasses again waiting for the second doctor to fix what that greedy did to me.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
beware show details beware
Jan 24th, 2013

wait time for me has never been less than 2 hours. I was there for an astonishing 6 hours my last appointment. Long story short i had lasik surgery almost a year ago and now i see two moons, four brakelights, pretty much double of any light source. Cant watch tv,cant read books, i even see two of every letter on the keyboard on my phone. Do yourself a favor and shop around before you make a decision about your eyes that will last the rest of your life. Oh and by the way, Dr manrique said there was nothing to do to fix my problem. He couldn't even tell ny why i see double.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Nov 24th, 2010

My mother had surgery with you and was left on the surgery table so you could do another person and the other person wasn't even an emergency. My mother has nothing put pain since that incident. You will hear from our attorney

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Best Lasik Surgeon in South Texas show details Best Lasik Surgeon in South Texas
by Happy Patient on Jan 6th, 2009

I had Lasik with him about 10 years ago, and I keep sending all family and friends through all these years.