A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carlos Mego:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carlos Mego is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carlos Mego, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Mego graduated from Universidad Nacional Mayor De San Marcos, Lima.
Dr. Mego has 12 hospital affiliations:
- McAllen Medical Center
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mego accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 15 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Carlos D. Mego practice?
Dr. Carlos Mego practices Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near McAllen, TX.
See McAllen Cardiologists.