Carlos A Mendoza MD Patient Reviews

3.0

July 23rd, 2012
Carlos Medoza
I have been seeing Dr Mendoza on and off for over 15 years . He accurately diagnosed my techacardia in 1991 and confirmed that diagnoisis by sending me to a specialist at University hospital. Carlos is through and takes time with his patients and spend the extra effort to confirm his diagnosis.

September 22nd, 2010
I was referred to Dr. Mendoza for cardiac clearance prior to spinal surgery. On a Friday the Dr. personally performed an echocardiogram and told me during the procedure that I had a minor condition (PFO)and that I should follow up with my primary care doctor but I was otherwise cleared for surgery. I asked if I would be having an ECG and he replied that it was unnecessary. This seemed odd to me as I am a cardiac nurse, but I trusted his opinion. Upon returning home from the appt. (a 1 hour drive each way) I recieved a phone call informing me that he did not perform a complete presurgical clearance so I had to return to the clinic on Monday morning(the day of my surgery). I spent the entire weekend wondering if I would indeed be having a major spinal surgery on Monday or not. At the follow up appt. on Monday he asked me if he'd ever seen me before even though he was holding my chart in his hand. Upon studying his own report, conducting an ECG and listening to my heart (in what I felt to be a completely inappropriate manner) he told my husband & I that I was healthy with no problems and cleared for surgery. During my pre-operative interview/consent at the surgical center I was informed by the anesthesiologist that per Dr. Mendoza's report I have regurgitation in several of my heart valves as well as a PFO (hole in my heart that did not close when I was a newborn). I feel that Dr. Mendoza provided substandard care and I am currently composing a letter to Dr. Mendoza and the medical directors of both the clinic and the hospitals that he is affiliated with. Depending upon the response I recieve I might report him the Dept. of Regulatory Agencies for the State of Colorado (Licensing Board).

July 13th, 2010
The BEST Cardiologist that I have ever met.
Dr. Mendoza has a great attitude toward his patients, staff, and life in general. He is well versed and up to speed on all of the newest technologies and smartest health tips. He is extremely smart and yet down to earth. He doesn't have the "God" complex that I have experienced and heard about from other patients. I have seen several cardiologists and Dr. Mendoza is definately my favorite.