Carlos J. Placer, MD
Pain Management Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

Sandlake Commons
7350 Sandlake Commons Blvd
Suite 2212A
Orlando, FL 32819
407-363-9668
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Mixed feelings patient  |  show details
by Mary on Apr 16th, 2013

I am a 49 y/o female and went to Dr. Placer for pain management. On the first visit, he quickly (and correctly) diagnosed me and performed the apropiate tests on me. On the next visit, Dr. Placer did a epidural injection on my back, and the procedure was quite painful. As far as Dr. Placer's bed manners, I think he kind of rushes things, je's in/out the examination room in no time. If you want to ask questions, you better grab him before he bolts out. I believe he should spent more than a couple of minutes with his patients, at least that was my experience. Now, his assistance on the procedures/surgery room is something else. (He is the short guy always wearing a head bandana, sorry, cant recall his name). He does not seems happy with his job, not even smiling once. The ambient in "his room" is very bad. He will play for you blasting, loud music of his choice, mostly rock and roll or heavy metal. Not exactly a good way to relax and feel at ease before a stressful procedure. This is a long shot from my current PM doctor. But the worst part came after the procedure, this guy will rush out of the table, regardless you feelling dizzy or in pain. He will basically kick you out of there 'cause he wants to get the next patient in. A total lack of respect for the patient and not a hint profesionalism, what a shame. Finally, be ready to pay $50.00 for each form you bring into the office to be filled out by the doctor. I feel this is unreasonable and very steep cost, especially for an establish patient, and when other doctors and charging $20-25, amount I consider just and reasonable. Did I mention don't expect to get your form(s) back in a timely fashion? Overall, I gave Dr. Placer a "C" grade, an "F" to his assistance, and a "C" to the girls at the front office. Hope this review helps future patients, it's done in honesty and good faith and also helps Dr. Placer correct the issues presented.

|  Best Dr in my life  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

great dr I wrote a long review may be at wrong place. But dr carlos ais a life savor this morning I was wishing to die three hours later what ever he did, I feel like a new person. Dr Carlos and his staff go above and beyond the call of duty to take care of u. Dr carlos for today and for whatever it's worth u r a Gods gift to your pationts.God bless u and your staff.

|  Dr Carlos is truly a DOCTOR for people thar need one  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

I'm not a person to give any credit to anyone for anything, even my own kids. My oldest son is on his third of duty in afganistan I'm so proud of him. And for him it takes a lot of me to tell him that. I guess what I'm trying to say I'm not writing this because I'm board and not having nothing to do, but it's the truth.I met dr carlos about 6 months ago, I on ss disability for lots of medical issues, my back pain is one of them, to make the story shortI have been suffering with this pain for years and for almost five years or or more and it's getting worse. Since I met dr carlos the pain relief is almost within hours and not with drugs. Drugs no matter how strong they r, very short lived, Dr carlos thank u so much for today and for other days, especially today when I came to you my pain was so bad dieing would be easier, three hours later what ever u have do e I feel like a new person, the staff is above and beyond nice. Thank you guys for making this day for me and making me smile. I know the pain will come back again sooner or later. But now I know who I can trust and call on for help. God forgive me but Dr carlos is a master piece of your work.Dr carlos God bless u, your family and your staff. I know who to call on next time I'm in pain. Joe dimes, Orlando Fl. Aug 23 2012.

|  Best Dr in Town  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

Great Dr and Staff, immediate help, called with problem got in the same day. I love dr Placer

|  Good Prolotherapy Treatment  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

Dr. Placer is knowledgeable, and has a great personality - listens well, very patient and interested in making you feel well.